Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the difference between the upper intake plenum and the lower one? which one would you get for more power? thx guys

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
The lower plenum is too new to compare it to the established upper plenums available.. I would wait to see the true benefits and multiple unbiased dynos before making the choice between the two.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would suggest waiting to see what Kinetix will introduce soon :wink:

·
Registered
199 Posts
check out the new Crawford Cast plenum. www.crawfordzcar.com I have the old style and I could tell the power gains just after install, and that only took 45 minutes. The fact is I went with their high flow cats and headers the quality was there for the buck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

i guess i'll be looking at the upper plenums then. I want to keep my stock strut bar if i purchase a plenum. If so, which brands should i look into because i know some won't fit with the stock bar.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I would get an '05 300HP lower plenum and an AAM or Motordyne plenum spacer. I think those will be the best setups.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just wanted to add this to those who have/planning the Kinetix Plenum v4, the factory strut bar needs to be adjusted since it will be a tight fit after the installation and I had a **** of vibration and noise inside the vehicle in open throttle before it was corrected. Setup was simple, it was a B replacing the cat though, other than that it's a sweet sound along with Borla full catback exhuast. Now, I'm just waiting for the JWT TT and be all smile!

Edit: Spoke with Chris at Kinetix, he said FI is fine as long as it doesn't exceed 10psi, so this may not be for everyone. No, me no mechnic ...but could had been.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'll take a pic of my OEM plenum next to the Crawford plenum later today and post pics. I'll also take a pic of what the plenum is covering, just for those who are curious. I know I was...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Crawford on the left, OEM on the right.

Underside of Crawford.

Underside of OEM.

Gateway to the cylinders. :lol:

Sideview.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Well, I got the new plenum on. When I turned her on, I let her warm up first before revving it a little. I could hear gurgling sounds. I figure it was antifreeze filling up the empty lines when I had disconnected one of them holding onto the plenum.

Too bad I can't take her out and test drive her...**** brakes. :furious:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts