Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, since turning 25 I have been hunting (in the little spare time that I've had) for insurance quotes. I currently pay $210 per month with RACV and am sure I can get lower. So anyway, I just got a quote from Just Car Insurance fro $1206 covering $53,300. I am going to try 2 more companies and then probably switch!

Any of you guys found lower quotes?

PS. I am 25, no accidents, or fines or whatever. Clean record, Rating 1 and been driving for 8 years.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i actually jsut switched from progressive ($190/month) to geico ($90/month)

a big difference if you ask me :biggrin:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't think we have progressive here!

Ig, sorry I can't help as mine's done through my business.

Good luck though.

As always

H

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Iggy:

Just Car insurance is cheap... but I spoke to a few people and they don't really like how Just Car handles things when something has gone wrong... THey will not allow you to choose your own repairer, you gotta get 2 quotations from their recommanded repairer, then they choose the most competitive one to hand your car to... Also the agree value of Just Car is pretty low compare to other insurance company...

They do insure modified cars though... but the excess is A LOT more than other companies... I think they just trade your Excess price for the Premium fee... although the premium is 1250 (for my case, I am 27 years old, no accident history with rating 1, agreed value of 57000), the excess is 1750 dollars... so if something has gone wrong.. the total bill is 3K for that year and you don't get to choose your own repairer and the repair job has only 3 years warranty...

I am now with Shannons, although I am paying more (220 per month), I get to choose my own repairer with life time warranty, excess is 600 for me with agreed value of $72000 and people don't have any problem with Shannons when it comes to "a problem"... but if it really happens, that year, the bill will be around 3K as well (same as Just Car)... Shannons will give a lot better price after you turn 30 years old... 3 years to go for me, but another 5 years for you though...

I would prefer Shannons because I have spent fare bit of money on my car already and I am sort of betting extra 4K at Shannons (compare to Just Car in 3 years time before i turn 30) to get the difference of agreed value which is $15000 if something goes terribly wrong... Insurance is like that, it is like gambling... and of course you would try to avoid using it as much as possible. This is just the way I look at my car since I am going to keep it for a LOOONNNG time...

These two are the ones that will insure modified engine... otherwise RACV and GIO (if you don't change headers) will be a good choice for you if you don't want to do too much mods...

Best of luck mate!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
101 Posts
Iggy

If you use your car for work purposes it may be worthwhile talking to AON. I've got a few more years on you but pay $844 per annum. Car is covered at market value including 19" wheels (cost $7,000 with tyres) with excess $300.

They will not insure private cars.

Good luck and cheers
coatsie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iggy

If you use your car for work purposes it may be worthwhile talking to AON. I've got a few more years on you but pay $844 per annum. Car is covered at market value including 19" wheels (cost $7,000 with tyres) with excess $300.

They will not insure private cars.

Good luck and cheers
coatsie

My car is registered in my business name, but how does one define business vs private use? If I go visit clients a lot in the car does that define as busines suse?

·
Registered
81 Posts
holy crap that's expensive down under.
Live here in Texas, pay about $120 dollars a month for the new Z AND my wife's Ford '01 Escape, both full coverage.

·
Registered
258 Posts
mate i was paying $48 a fortnight, so roughly 100 a month thru HBF with No claim bonus protection, $200 excess etc.. thats with a couple of speeding tickets and illegal U turn all declared..
Insured for $65,000 when the car was 1 year old hehe..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Murray:

You might want to give Shannons a call because they will give you better agreed value... and it will definitely benefit you after you rebuild your engine!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
258 Posts
daaaaamn Murray thats a lot !!

I just picked up a brand new Typhoon and i was thinking because its turbo my insurance would explode, but it only increased by 80c a fortnight hahaha

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If you live in Sydney, you will pay more than anybody else in Aus for insurance unfortunately. For example, I am over 30yrs, have a clean record, max rating 1 and I pay $1900. Wish I could pay half that like some of you other guys - no i'm not moving!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Iggy

I use my car for work as an employee on the basis of 70% work and 30% private. My employer pays me for mileage. AON accept this as a "business purposes" car and are prepared to insure me.

I'd give them a call. Nothing to lose.

Cheers and good luck
coatsie

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, insurance in Sydney is a lot higher than elsewhere.

I've got a max no-claim, no speeding infringements or accidents within the period, and over 25...and its still over $2K.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts