Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody from Perth planning to upgrade to TT, get your insurance sorted out first.

In the end I only found one company, Shannons, who would insure my car with the TT upgrade. I have a good driving record, low risk catagory, max no-claim bonus etc. etc. As soon as I mentioned turbo upgrade, they all declined.

The rate from Shannons was about $1450, which I was quite pleased with. Before I started the upgrade I got an OK from Shannons at $1800. I then knew that at least I had insurance and thought that I may be able to do better elsewhere, but no way.

When I went back to Shannons, because I have other insurance with them, they reviewed my "case" and reduced the premium back to $1450.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think David is also with Shannons but said that AAMI changed their mind and said they would insure him with a TT.

Did you try RACWA as they are owned by the same company that owns AAMI ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insurance is agreed value at $65,000.

AAMI owns SGIO and they weren't interested at all.

The RAC were the only other Perth Company who said they would look at it subject to an inspection, but wouldn't issue temporary insurance cover so that I could drive it to an inspection point. They ended up more expensive than Shannons in the end anyway

Car is due back in 2- 3 weeks. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Originally posted by malcolm@Nov 15 2004, 10:30 PM

AAMI owns SGIO and they weren't interested at all.

AAMI is owned by Promina who also own RACWA.

SGIO is owned by IAG (NRMA)

·
Registered
583 Posts
If I may ask, how does something like this affect insurance in Australia?Do you have to report modifications to the Insurance Co.?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perth 350Z you are correct, my apologies. I confused NRMA and AAMI.

Yes you do have to report modifications for insurance purposes. A quicker car increases the risk.

·
Registered
258 Posts
... and wider tyres with more grip are more dangerous too, apparently hehehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts