Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I take my car onto the track what does this mean for my car insurance...I take it that I'll have to tell the insurance company and it will increase my premiums?..

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Nah, you don't have to tell the insurace company where you're taking the car. Though, at the same time (generaly speaking) you will not be covered on the track.

I sugest that you have fun there, but be safe ... which is pretty easy on the track as there are tuns of run offs usualy so you just need to be sensible.

Also going onto the track will have no effect on your insurance if you have an accident on the road at some stage ... that is as long as your car is in good, and roadworthy condition.

·
Registered
562 Posts
When i had it with NRMA they wouldn't cover a thing. You have to check your policy. Shannons are the only ones I know who will cover if you have an accident on track.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks david...Thats good to hear...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually I spoke to Shannons today about the same issue funny enough. I got my quote and they said that they DO NOT cover ANY TRACK DAYS for cars under 35yrs old - period. :xZ!o:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Peptidbond worked out something w/ his insurance company where they will cover ONE accident at the track, at which point they will cover it, and promptly drop him. I know my ins. won't cover me if I wreck on the track. But I go anyhow. I am sure that Lloyds of London would cover it, for a hefty fee :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know some insurance companies will cover it if it was a defensive driving course, or if you can get the track officials to say it was a defensive driving course. That's here in the states though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I've only ever seen insurance for driver training, AFAIK no-one will cover you for a track day.

On the other hand I have seen very very few incidents unless someone was being an idiot.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
What everyone else said.

Once you hit pit area of a racetrack, your insurance coverage ends. So if you're going to have a bingle, do it in the carpark.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have seen people have get off's on bikes at a racetrack and then they mysteriously have a very similar thing happen on the way home!!

Very mysterious indeed.

As always

H

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Harry - You'd just want to make sure that the car was driveable and could locate the precise concrete barrier on the freeway where you hit - trying to avoid a dog of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts