Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought the JDM smoke reflectors off of Courtesy parts and was wondering what is the best way to install these things. Can it be done without taking off the front bumper or what? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Just take off the bumper. You definitely won't regret it. I went through the hassle of trying to avoid taking off the bumper and there's simply no way to get the passenger side reflector on if you don't take it off.

Behind the passenger side reflector is the windshield washer fluid resivoir. It will be in your way unless you are able to remove the bumper and pull it away from it some. You have to be able to fit a screwdriver in there.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have done it both ways and all I can say is

TAKE OFF THE BUMPER.

much easier.

~Z~

PS - thanks for buying at Courtesy!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I jacked the car up and did everything thru the wheel well when I added my clearcorners LED's - the right side was a tad trickey but it was easy an took no time at all

·
Registered
25 Posts
I changed my corners last week. I was installing brake pads so I did the drivers side from the wheel well. The Passanger side is another story. Had to remove the bumper half way and I learned how easy it is to take off the bumper. There are plenty of posts on this and other sites to show you how so you dont break any of those plastic rivit thingys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by ZPartsGuy@Jun 15 2005, 09:49 PM
II have done it both ways and all I can say is

TAKE OFF THE BUMPER.

much easier.

~Z~

PS - thanks for buying at Courtesy!
[snapback]115125[/snapback]​

Thanks for the info guys. I actually has to send courtesy and email to cancel my order because I found the smoke ones for $28 shipped off of www.performancenissanparts.com ...... I have bought tons of stuff from Courtesy though and I love them to death. :yourock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
i really like performance nissan service, they ship really quick and at a really good price....i haven't ordered anything off of courtesy yet but i will to see their service..mmmm goodies for my z

·
Registered
100 Posts
I took mine off with out removing the bumper. I just pulled my car on some rino ramps and used a l shaped screw driver. It took about 10 minutes for the drivers side and 20 minutes for the passenger side. Super easy to do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by borg256@Jun 18 2005, 07:14 AM
I took mine off with out removing the bumper. I just pulled my car on some rino ramps and used a l shaped screw driver. It took about 10 minutes for the drivers side and 20 minutes for the passenger side. Super easy to do.
[snapback]117084[/snapback]​

Thanks for the nfo guys. They will be hear wednesday. WOOT, I can't wait.

Matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Burnt350+Jun 18 2005, 07:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-borg256
@Jun 18 2005, 07:14 AM
[snapback]117084[/snapback]​

Thanks for the nfo guys. They will be hear wednesday. WOOT, I can't wait.

Matt
[snapback]117190[/snapback]​

Well I installed them last night and all I can say is WOW!!!!!! The smoked ones look really nice on the LeMans color. The driver side took me like 5 minutes. I did it from the fender well. The passenger side on the other hand was FUBAR. Took me like 30 minutes. I ended up just taking the windshield washer containter out and then it was cake from there. I will get pics up asap. Im a at work right now. peace.

matt

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by paperjohn@Jun 15 2005, 09:39 PM
An L shaped screw driver was not available. Do you have skinny hands toykilla?
[snapback]115119[/snapback]​

I hear Josh has skinny hands and a pretty mouth.. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts