Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing the Borla dual exhaust installation this weekend with a full writeup and guide. Wanted to see if there are any special requests before i begin..

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Take lots of pics, from opening it to once it's done.

BTW, gotta get a vid of it. :)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take lots of pics, from opening it to once it's done.

BTW, gotta get a vid of it. :)
Sorry, not going to get pics of opening it.. i walked in yesterday and tore into it like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.. :lmfao:

Will have plenty of pics, info, specs, install writeup, and whatever else i feel like doing.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Sorry, not going to get pics of opening it.. i walked in yesterday and tore into it like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.. :lmfao:

Will have plenty of pics, info, specs, install writeup, and whatever else i feel like doing.
:lmfao:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I haven't seen one installed but heard the stories can you confirm about the clamps and leaks and if welding is really the only option or if it is more of the installation process to get it right. I have a Borla on my daily driver and love the sound and no leaks but it is a single and only two clamps.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
9 clamps total. I purchased some high temp gasket sealant that i plan to use.. will report if it works or doesnt

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
We didn't use anything like that for my installation, and I have no leaks at all and it's about 1 1/2 years old never had to retighten a thing! Worst thing is getting the oem stuff off!~ That oem muffler is heavier than you think! Watch out!!!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
look forward to the DIY as after hearing Terri and CathZ pull out last weekend, I made my decision!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just checked it out. Looks good.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The exhaust sounds amazing.. still working on my review.. I did find a crack in one of the test pipes though that is makint a hissing noise :(

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
The exhaust sounds amazing.. still working on my review.. I did find a crack in one of the test pipes though that is makint a hissing noise :(
well i hope u fix it man and all willl be ok

if you are interested , just hit me up about my APS 2.5" Test pipes

·
Registered
99 Posts
: today i installed my borla true dual. :irock: Sounds amazing. The guy that installed it is the same dude that has done all my exhaust.Only charged me $50 and a 12 pack. :cheers: How bad ass is that. I have the test pipes but waiting for exhaust to burn out completely and he said to bring them so we can try them on for free. if i like them Ill keep them if I dont $20 for the install and removal. They are non resonated pipes so Ill give you guys info to see if they are raspy or not. :drink:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well resonated pipes should not be raspy, thats why they are resonated :)
nope wrong... i resonated test pipes + aftermarket y pipe = major rasp .. this shows that it is the combination of exhaust parts rather than the test pipes causing the problem

1 - 20 of 26 Posts