Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the factory spoiler (very light), now my hatch doesnt really pop up by itself anymore. How did the factory get away with this or they didnt do crap?

·
Registered
300 Posts
NOt sure but I would bet that the factory hatch dampers were designed for the weight of the options that the car came with. If you got the spoiler stock then the dampers have a stronger return force. If not they are not strong enough for the extra weight. You would think that one could do both but maybe not. MIne came with the spoiler so it is nto an issue but i have heard that if you go with a larger spoiler you have the same problem. maybe you can buy a stronger damper (?).

·
Registered
538 Posts
[/quote]

This is correct. You must install new hatch dampers when you install the spoiler. There is a different part number when the spoiler is installed. Not sure what the part number is, but the dealer can tell you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am having the factory spoiler installed Wednesday, glad I found this out. Anyone know how much the damper costs?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
You can always do the 2 cents trick on the springs. there is a post somewhere that tells you how to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts