Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at installing a Pioneer double DIN stereo in my 2003 Z car. I have found installation kits made by Metra online at Best Buy but they are listed as "select models installations". I tried the Metra website and couldn't find one for any Z older than an 06. Are these mounts interchangeable? Or are there ant other makers out there? Thanks in advance.
Lou

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I got the kit today at Best Buy. I ask for the wiring harness and was given a Turbo wire kit with two connectors, a Peripheral integration kit which he said I needed for the Bose system, and an antenna adapter that has one each male and female ended wire both connected to a female connector with two holes inside it. Do I really need all this stuff or can I simply connect the two Turbo kit connectors to the wires coming from the radio plug and plug the other ends into the factory harness? I don't know where I'm supposed to hook the antenna adapter because there is no connector on the radio that it will fit. The radio is a Panasonic double Din unit that is Ipod and Bluetooth ready and has a normal antenna socket. Do I really need the Peripheral gizmo also?

·
Registered
652 Posts
I haven't changed my head unit, so I'm only speaking theoretically. The Turbo wire kit goes between your new head unit and the factory wiring harness, as you suggest. The Peripheral integration kit allows you to use the factory speaker amps that came with the Bose radio. (You do have the Bose factory radio, not the standard?)

If the factory antenna lead fits your Panasonic head unit, you shouldn't need the antenna adapter.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hooked it up as per the instructions and I have no sound from any speakers. ??? I'm going to try it without the Periphereal gizmo. It is a Bose unit

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried it without the Peripheral gizmo and still no sound. The Turbo wire plug that goes to the wiring harness has a blue/white and black/white wire which I did not hook up. The package says these are power and ground for the amp. Should these be hooked to the power wire to the radio and ground?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Man, I wish I could help in this area.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. I hooked up the front speakers without the Peripheral gizmo and also put power to the amp. I have sound from the speakers. Do I still need to put the peripheral gizmo in?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to a different geek at Best Buy and was told if the thing works without the Peripheral gizmo to bring it back. I think I have it all straightened out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts