Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I bought my Z 03 track about 7 weeks ago. It was sold to me with and Injen cold air intake, and an Injen SES exhaust. I havn't read to many good things on the SES exhaust, mainly tourque loss. I can't compare the SES to stock because this is the only Z I have driven. Also to add to that, I've been having an exhaust leak, not to serious, fixable. Is this a good or bad exhaust? Keep it or replace it?

Any thought on the injen cold air intake?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by mattgaide@Sep 23 2005, 07:57 AM
Hey everyone,

I bought my Z 03 track about 7 weeks ago.  It was sold to me with and Injen cold air intake, and an Injen SES exhaust.  I havn't read to many good things on the SES exhaust, mainly tourque loss.  I can't compare the SES to stock because this is the only Z I have driven.  Also to add to that, I've been having an exhaust leak, not to serious, fixable.  Is this a good or bad exhaust?  Keep it or replace it?

Thanks!
[snapback]157535[/snapback]​

Keep it. I paid a mech. at a muffler shop $65.00 to put a crossover tube in where the pipes straighten out, and it worked out great. Alot more torque on the bottom end, and better balance at higher rpm's

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by jkaale+Sep 23 2005, 09:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-mattgaide
@Sep 23 2005, 07:57 AM
Hey everyone,

I bought my Z 03 track about 7 weeks ago. It was sold to me with and Injen cold air intake, and an Injen SES exhaust. I havn't read to many good things on the SES exhaust, mainly tourque loss. I can't compare the SES to stock because this is the only Z I have driven. Also to add to that, I've been having an exhaust leak, not to serious, fixable. Is this a good or bad exhaust? Keep it or replace it?

Thanks!
[snapback]157535[/snapback]​

Keep it. I paid a mech. at a muffler shop $65.00 to put a crossover tube in where the pipes straighten out, and it worked out great. Alot more torque on the bottom end, and better balance at higher rpm's
[snapback]157551[/snapback]​

^ +1
I agree, I added a H-pipe to my system and not only did I regain some TQ (butt dyno) but the sound has improved. You can take a listen on the vid clip:
http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?f...97-B202F9014CD5

-Bootay

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yep I agree. Keep it. I had a Nismo exhaust before But I wanted a bit more on the top end and more cosmetic improved looks in the back so I went to the Invidia G200 and it was nice and yes that being also a true dual I lost a bit of low end torque but it was way way way to quite for me.

So yes, I went with an Injen SES too. Sound and looks are awesome but also the usual low end torque loss as well. So I too, will be having an H-pipe or x-pipe or just an L put into it.

I say keep it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.