1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
there are 2 different injen intakes floating around. the cheaper of those two is discontinued, but there may be plenty in stock at some stores. I would check with courtesy before you order to make sure its actually available. I didnt realize the price went up with the new version.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are 2 different injen intakes floating around. the cheaper of those two is discontinued, but there may be plenty in stock at some stores. I would check with courtesy before you order to make sure its actually available. I didnt realize the price went up with the new version.
Is the new version better? I think ill go with the new one from performance nissan to be on the safe side...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
It seems to be the consensus of this forum that you're better off with the JWT pop charger in terms of cost vs hp. Not to mention killer sound.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Injen CAI on the performance nissan site doesnt come with a replacement heat sheild...I know its not necessary but does anyone know where i can get one?

Joe

·
Registered
585 Posts
The injen intake has not faired too well on dynos out here in Cali. I'd recommend the JWT over that. Check out the Stillen short ram intake with the enclosed cold air box.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Honestly, you are paying for eye candy at this point. It is well documented that the stock airbox is a superior design than these "cold air intakes" You will get the same power gains from a 30$ filter swap as you will get with that 300$ intake system.

If you want the eye candy go for it. If are more interested in performance, get a drop in filter, or popcharger filter.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got my injen intake for $175 new it looks beautiful as it is polished but it is PIA to install without removing the front bumper. I had some issues at first but it takes time for you ecu to reset to the new settings

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my injen intake for $175 new it looks beautiful as it is polished but it is PIA to install without removing the front bumper. I had some issues at first but it takes time for you ecu to reset to the new settings
Where did you get it for 175??? They have a new version out is there a big difference?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Calentine automotive had one of the old models (new old stock) :nana:
and was trying to get rid of it.. Strut bar is not an issue the hardest thing is getting the down pipe into the front bumper if you dont pull of the fasica.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts