Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about buying the Injen exhaust as opposed to the TopSpeed Pro-1. I have, however, noticed that some vendors have discontinued one or both models of the Injen exhaust.

Are there some common problems with these systems that I haven't heard about?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think they are coming out with a new model

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by sw150@Aug 29 2005, 05:36 PM
I think they are coming out with a new model
[snapback]150472[/snapback]​

They are rumored to be bringing out a model that incorporates an H-pipe or X-pipe into the design to improve low end torque and improve the sound.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard any word as to an approx. release date?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by krevissco@Aug 29 2005, 06:03 PM
Heard any word as to an approx. release date?
[snapback]150481[/snapback]​

No word that I have heard of yet. The current model IMO looks really good, but sounds like crap and loss of low end torque is said to be noticable. If you really want an exhaust now, I would look at the greddy evo2 or HKS Ti. Both are leaps and bounds better sounding than the injen, but also more $.

If you can wait, let the new model injen be out for a few months and let others 'test' it out. The current model had issues with mufflers on early production runs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:werd: I'm not planning on buying my exhaust for a few more months so waiting to see how others fare is not a bad idea. Can't afford the HKS. Is the EVO2 a true dual design? I believe it is a y-pipe design. No?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by krevissco@Aug 29 2005, 06:24 PM
:werd:  I'm not planning on buying my exhaust for a few more months so waiting to see how others fare is not a bad idea. Can't afford the HKS. Is the EVO2 a true dual design? I believe it is a y-pipe design. No?
[snapback]150491[/snapback]​

Dual with X-pipe

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had the Injen SES exhaust on for couple of months now and like it. As said before, most cat-back exhaust produce about the same HP so I bought the Ijen based on looks. I did have an "H" pipe welded in after I installed it. IMHO it improved the sound.

Pics:

View from rear: http://groups.msn.com/OldMansWs6/shoebox.m...oto&PhotoID=167

"H" pipe:
http://groups.msn.com/OldMansWs6/shoebox.m...oto&PhotoID=173

http://groups.msn.com/OldMansWs6/shoebox.m...oto&PhotoID=171

http://groups.msn.com/OldMansWs6/shoebox.m...oto&PhotoID=172

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z@Aug 31 2005, 09:23 AM
i heard of people being disappointed with the results with Injen Exhaust
[snapback]150993[/snapback]​

I'm not. Install was easy. Sounds good. Looks great. Fit was perfect. Price was right. Ask 10 people on this or any board what is the "best" anything and you will get 10 diferent answers.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I had one, torque drop was horrible and when I took it off, the stock system felt like the performance part. Yes the drop was so bad, I would rather have had stock. The only thing the current Injen system has going for it is looks, I can't really think of anything else.

Run from Injen (at least until the new one comes out)

Chris

·
Registered
46 Posts
The injen looks great and sounds great, but there is a drop in torque. this can be fixed by taking the car do a good muffler shop, and having them werl in a crossover tube. it only takes about 20 minutes to do, and i paid $70.00 total. sounds better, and alot more torque on the bottom. jk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Originally posted by jkaale@Aug 31 2005, 05:17 PM
The injen looks great and sounds great, but there is a drop in torque. this can be fixed by taking the car do a good muffler shop, and having them werl in a crossover tube. it only takes about 20 minutes to do, and i paid $70.00 total. sounds better, and alot more torque on the bottom. jk
[snapback]151201[/snapback]​

First of all you got to ask why? Why does a new system need to be fixed to make the same power the car had before hand. While in a quizzical mood, look at the piping and notice that it's smaller than the stock Y pipe branch. It's only an 1/8 of an inch smaller but the step it uses to make the transition is brutal.

Next, you are taking a full stainless system and adding an H or X crossover that you might get in stainless, or not, depending on the shop and welding it with regular steal. Unless your shop happens to have good equipment, most don't.

While they are working on your car and you are sitting in the waiting room looking at last months torn Sports Illustrated you can contemplate the restriction silencer shoved into the back box to help quite it down but as a side affect forces exhaust though the packing. This is why the Injen straight tip gets quieter as you pump more exhaust though it. It's is also why lots of high rpm driving leaves packing on your rear bumper.

What restriction silencer you ask? Some systems have those removable silencers that go in the tip and secure with a screw. Injen did this for the angle tip. In the straight tip system they put them inside, here is a video http://www.hypersprite.com/auto/video-z-00...jen_str_tip.wmv

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts