Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i'm new here and i can really get some advise from you guys...if that's okay?
i recently installed the injen cai in my 350z.but they only put the short ram for me instead of the long ram.they told me if i want to put the long ram in,i also need to buy the air bypass too??so it won't screw up the engine if i drive it during the rainly day??
and also i really don't notice any different in sound or performance,is it because of the short ram??too much hot air?? :doh:

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
ive had the cai on for a year now, and no problems. only time it's a problem is if yer knee deep in water...or if u just washed your car and u sprayed the intake full one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by alnfong@Jul 24 2005, 01:51 PM
hi all
i'm new here and i can really get some advise from you guys...if that's okay?
i recently installed the injen cai in my 350z.but they only put the short ram for me instead of the long ram.they told me if i want to put the long ram in,i also need to buy the air bypass too??so it won't screw up the engine if i drive it during the rainly day??
and also i really don't notice any different in sound or performance,is it because of the short ram??too much hot air?? :doh:
[snapback]136502[/snapback]​

You absolutely DO NOT need it. The injen sits at least a foot off the ground. Even if you ran through puddles OVER A FOOT deep, your engine would stall LONG BEFORE ANY DAMAGE WOULD occur. As soon as the engine's air supply is cut, it will stall and no water will be injested.

I know this is not just theoretical. I have personally ran my stratus coupe with a CAI through a puddle deep enough to COMPLETELY SUBMERGE my air filter. Car stalled out...I coasted through the puddle, gave the car a crank and off I went.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts