Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed an Injen CAI a while back and it is all installed correctly and could never get a straight answer as to why my cars idle is all messed up. Before I installed it the car was fine then I installed it about 2 days later (I don't drive it much, I have a work car) it started acting up.

Now to top off all of that recently I installed a set of headers and race pipes now the **** check engine light is on and if you rev it way up and let off the car dies. I have heard that this is from cat delete and the computer is trying to retard the timing to fix the emission problem with too much unburned fuel going past the O2 sensor (after cat O2).... so many problems with modding this car its like its ok with being stock.

What I am getting at is WHERE IS THE FIX!? I know back in the day when I had my old vette I did a cat delete and had the same problem and had to put non fouler spark plug extensions in the O2 port to fix the problem but I'm not sure if that will work here and I don't know how this ECU works yet.

I'm open for suggestions…

·
Registered
728 Posts
I installed an Injen CAI a while back and it is all installed correctly and could never get a straight answer as to why my cars idle is all messed up. Before I installed it the car was fine then I installed it about 2 days later (I don't drive it much, I have a work car) it started acting up.

Now to top off all of that recently I installed a set of headers and race pipes now the **** check engine light is on and if you rev it way up and let off the car dies. I have heard that this is from cat delete and the computer is trying to retard the timing to fix the emission problem with too much unburned fuel going past the O2 sensor (after cat O2).... so many problems with modding this car its like its ok with being stock.

What I am getting at is WHERE IS THE FIX!? I know back in the day when I had my old vette I did a cat delete and had the same problem and had to put non fouler spark plug extensions in the O2 port to fix the problem but I'm not sure if that will work here and I don't know how this ECU works yet.

I'm open for suggestions…

Go to the dealer and have them raise your idle. Intakes can cause a loppy idle. 850 rpms should do it.

The nonfouler trick works on the Z as well, so go with that. Just make sure you reset the code when after you install them.

As to why your car is shutting off, I have no idea. I had heard of cars doing that when letting off the gas on the highway, but not from just revving.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had my idle raised during my TS reflash on my 04.5, so I think you can have the dealer do it. Though, not 100% sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could check with the dealer to adjust my idle but are they going to void my warranty because it’s making the car act up and on top of that the check engine light is on from the test pipes... I know I shouldn't be so concerned with the warranty but you never know when you are going to need it.

How do I reset the code after installing the non fouler plugs?

·
Registered
728 Posts
just reset by unhooking the battery or go to the technosquare website and they have a step by step on reseting the ecu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts