Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helpsmilie:

I spent 2 hours installing my injen CAI today, I took the harder route and didnt remove my bumper...
Just some info:

I didnt disconnect the battery until after i had removed the stock intake.
I have checked every connection Im about to rip it out and reinstall to insure this again.
I ran at WOT in 1-3 gears intake sounds awsum.
I can hear the engine boggin down when idleing.
I reset the ecu 3 times light comes on after 15-30 sec of idling.
Idle is very sporadic like it doesnt have enough air?
HELP ME please....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK i disconnected.. then reconnected everything, I didnt even touch the MAF and it doesnt look to be dirty or dusty..
Still after a hard reset from the battery I get a check engine after 5 seconds.
Im considering installing this as a short ram intake to see if it still makes the Check engine light goes off.
The Z is my daily driver and I cant afford to get stuck anywhere right now please help...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A leak was my first thought too I reconnected everything and insured that the clamps were near the edge of there corresponding hoses and tightened with extreme prejudice.

But it turns out that reseting the ecu by removing the negitave post off the battery doesnt cut it. I did the gas pedal reset about 5 times before i got the CIL to start blinking. The reset is such a pain in the ass especially sense i dont own a clock or a watch to time it. It didnt work like the instructions said. But win the CIL started blinking I restarted the engine. Did WOT revs. THe CIL went off when gas was given came back on when I let off? Then I restart and no more light. :) made my dam day I was about to start worrying. This is my 1st mod to this car I think hi flow cats are next.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK no service engine light anymore but the idle seems to jump around and is making a poping sound every now and then like the engine is choking. I rechecked all the fittings but I dont know what to do. Should i get a grounding kit? Get the idle raised or will this sort itself out in time?

PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sounds like a vacume or air leak, re check all the fittings and clamps..
+1

I had a similar situation with rough idle. I checked upper plenum and-even though I couldn't hear it-there was a slight leak.

I tightened down the plenum and idle returned to normal.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Really sounds like an air leak somewhere......Check the OTHER end of any hoses, lines, etc....not just those you changed. Check the new pipe for holes or cracks, too...

Go back to stock & see if that cures it. If it does, get another intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts