Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a point where i'm going to sell the car or keep it as I'm coming near the end of my lease. So if do decide to keep it I would like to mod it a little more. If interested in buying the car see this thread. Z for Sale

Currently as u know i'm running a HKS SC and looking to install a set of cams, injectors, bigger fuel pump, fuel return, and either a F-Con V Pro or a Utech ecu.

So my questions are.

- Anyone installed cams here and which ones? Where the durations the same for both exhaust and intake and why etc?
- Anyone installed fuel return system and which one? I'm currently looking at the AAM system
- What is the standard fuel pressure?
- I'm looking at a set of RC 550's injectors. Do you think I will have idle problems. These are the calculations that I have used to come to this injector (Check Attachment)

Am I on drugs? What do you guys think?

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Michael,

I think Murray has already done quite a lot of researches into these and you might want to PM him for more information... Murray chose to go for Tomei cams instead of Nismo cams (wild) as those cams have the same duration for both exhaust/intake... As for the fuel return system, why don't you look at APS's fuel return system? Peter should be able to help you out there!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The APS is also another choice but APS usually take the standing where they do not seperate products when they sell. I will contact peter as I believe I really don't need to replace the fuel rails just need to do the return system therefore the APS would be the better choice.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hey Michael,

Sounds like you want about 400rwhp. 440cc injectors fit your requirements but you might want to run an increased base fuel pressure to give you some leigh way. APS do this in their kit and your fuel requirements would be similar to theirs. If your planning on a built motor in the future I would go one step higher ie 550ccs. Based on the number of people using 440cc injectors and 550cc injectors I dont think you will have idleing problems with either though this will also depend on the tuner.

(450hpx0.57) / 6 = 42.75lb/hr injectors
42.75x10.5 = 448cc injectors

I plan on using the APS fuel system which comes with their TT kit.

Stock fuel pressure is about 51psi, APS set their at 58psi to give their injectors 500cc flow.

Regarding cams, a larger intake duration is sometimes used for a NA motor to spead out the torque across a more usable area, the same intake and exhaust duration on an NA motor will give a more peaky result. From what ive read having a larger exhaust duration seems to works well on some turbo motors but this hasnt been tried on our motor yet. That leaves you for FI and our motor with the option of running the same intake and exhaust durations. I chose Tomei 268s for my requirements but there are some really cheap JWT copy/remake cams for about US$550 which might be worth looking into.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts