Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
It just depends What you want. How much RAM, CPU, how big a Hard drive, wich NAV(I have 5), and other Options. Tell me what you want and I'll give you a Quote. or you Can wait for my next sale.

·
Registered
587 Posts
We have 3 main units a 900MHz(base) a 1GHZ and a P4(hi-end)Coming Soon

All But the Base unit come with 512MB PC2100 266ddr ram or you can upgrade to 1g of ram. Either a 20g,(optional) 40g or 60g hard drive. A "Smart" power supply that turns the unit on and off with the car (no power button to push) all units come with a Internal DVD-ROM and you can get an optional External USB 2.0 DVD or DVD/CDRW rom to mount else were in the car (like the mailbox slot in the back).

Options Include a "Flex" USB Keyboard or a Zippy mini keyboard with Indiglo back light, RF wireless remote (mouse), Internal, glow in the dark, Neon, a FM modulator (to hook up to the stereo), NAV/GPS receiver and your choice of software(4 to choose from), Integrated XM Radio, And Real time Onboard ODBII EMS**(see below for more info) and all the cables and adapters you need to hook every thing up.

The Screen (on all models But the Base) is a 7" VGA and a touch screen* is available as an option($499).The base unit does not come with a screen.

Right now we are testing Backup Camera, boost Control(for turbos),and PCMCIA support

The retail on the Mid end unit is around $2,500 it comes with 1GHZ cpu 512mb ram, External DVD-ROM, top of the line talking NAV/GPS, 7" VGA, 40g HHD and more.

The Base units start at around $800. All units come with Do it yourself install instructions and a 1 year parts and labor warranty

Operating Systems such as Windows XP will NOT come included due to license fees, but any other options that requires software(such as GPS/NAV) the software will be include (we do recommend using Windows XP)

The unit is a Windows base system and will do anything Desktop or laptop will. you can play PC based games, Word processing, Internet (where available), just about anything you would want a pc to do!!!!! Of course none of that should be done while driving.

The Units Are Designed Especially for the 2003 350Z (without factory NAV) But can Be adapted to other vehicles as well.**2004 350z Models require extra Modification to the Nav area For the Screen to Fit easily**

*Touch screen:

I have heard of several people that have had MAJOR issues with the drivers for the touch screen.That is one of the reasons that if you want this option you should get the screen yourself, so if you have problems Xenarc can help you directly. Also keep in mind the Case of the Xenarc screen has to come off for it to fit in the Z. This may also cause problems with the touch screen. As far a safety goes, it is hard to imagine how small the Icons and buttons are on a 7" screen. I have found it almost impossible to use the touch screen with out using something like a touch pen that you would use on a PDA(my fingers are just to big to "click" what I want to) its hard enough on a 12" touch screen. I think that it would be REALLY Dangerous to try to use a small touch screen while Driving. it would not be to bad to just open the programs via touch, but to use the features of a program(like NAV) could barely be done. So the extra cost is just not justified to me.

** ODBII EMS

The New ODB II add on will read, And log, all the sensors data in the Z. Like Intake Temp, Coolant Temp, MAF in gm/inch, engine Load % , Short and long term Fuel one bank 1 and 2, O2 sensors, Speed, RPMS, and more. It will also Read error codes, tell you what the code means, and allow you to turn off the CEL.

Other Features include measuring 0-60mph times, 1/8 mile times, 1/8 trap speeds, 1/4 miles times and 1/4 trap speeds. It Also has a software based DYNO. You just enter Vehicle Weight, Tire size(like 275), Tire Aspect ratio(like 40), and rim size(like 18), to get HP and Torque #'s From a 3rd gear pull.

It Retails for $150. This includes the ODB II Interface cable, The "BlackBox" Signal processor a serial cable to hook it up to The In Z PC or any other PC like a Laptop.

It is very Easy to hook up as well. Just Connect it to the ODBII port on the Z (its on the left of the steering wheel just under the dash) hook up that cable to the "BlackBox" then hook up the serial cable to the Black box and to the back of the PC. then Install the software and your ready to go.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask,

·
Registered
785 Posts
expect to spend 1000-1200 TOTAL building a computer for your car by yourself. that is with all top of the line components etc and everything you need including screen and wirless network adapter, gps, tons of extra usb spots, opus 150 powersupply (the one that starts and shuts down the computer in sync with the ignition of the car as well as monitors battery life) etc.... and thats with the top of the line 7" xenarc screen too which allows 2 extra video inputs for ps2 on side of your computer

·
Registered
11 Posts
*Shameless Plug*

I just want to tell everybody that I purchased a system off of Chazz 2yrs ago and the system has worked flawlessly since I've had it, even with that Texas heat!! I've been really happy with it and it's the best thing I've bought for the Z to date...

-Ricky-

·
Registered
357 Posts
can you hook up an ipod to it and play it through the stereo?
is the navigation good?

if possiple post a few pics???

·
Registered
587 Posts
My web site is down And i have not got around to putting it back online. The In Z PC is a Computer, just like your desk top PC at home only adapted for in car use. They either come with a 40, 60 or 80G hard drive. So trying to hook up an IPod to Play MP3 off it would be point less, when you could just Play all your files off ITunes directly. you could use the Ipod as a External Hard drive to transfer you MP3's or playlist from your Home PC to the In Z PC, But most people just do that over their Network.

The Audio is hooked up Just like any other Audio input source (like Sat radio or and Ipod). If you have an aftermarket Headunit you just plug in the RCA's to a line in on the Deck. IF you running the Factory Headunit . Like the Bose, you would need to use an FM Modulator

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Heat was mentioned. I too live in the south and it gets VERY hot inside the car in the summer. How does this system handle cooling, and sitting outside in the sun all day?

·
Registered
620 Posts

I built a CarPC for my Z a little while back, you can read the full details here http://www.hypersprite.com/auto/tech-z-007/default.asp

I have a detailed list of everything I bought, some of it might even be cheaper now but my OTD price was 891.25
If you are comfortable with computers and building stuff, this is not a hard project and can be completed in a weekend.

I have been using it for over 9 months with no issues of heat. As a matter of fact, the proc has never gone above 40C even when running all day, GPS on, music playing, left in a parking lot for lunch with the windows rolled up and it's 90+F outside.

The Mobile chip is great for this application and with the Micro ATX the footprint is small enough for the Z.

For Text input that the on screen KB does not handle I use a PS2 (play station 2) thumb board that I keep in the center console.

I am still working on my Roadrunner skin and it's funny to see it on my site because it has not looked like that in 6 months.

One place I saved money was in using MS Streets and Trips, while the interface was never designed to be used on a small screen I have build some RoadRunner skins that work well with it. There is a link at the bottom of my CarPC page to the work I am doing on that.

NOTE: The Griffin Powermate knob listed on there has been removed, the drivers for windows suck and it would only work when it wanted too (it does the same thing on my home PC so...)

By far the best resource that I have found on CarPC stuff is mp3car.com the message board has tons of info but search before you ask, they are a little stricter than this site (if you ask me, they are to strict and most searches just turn up a bunch of people asking the same questions and nobody really answering them... but whatever)

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts