Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m coming into some problems with my 350z I’ve recently purchased it’s a 2004 with 65000miles Manuel and completely stock , I first notice a week ago that the engine bay and exhaust had burning funny burning plastic smell when I accelerated, I first thought it was the clutch but the clutch felt fine and even if I accelerated in neutral it still produces the smell, there is no check engine light or smoke from the smell and all fluids are at normal levels. In the past few days I’ve noticed it’s accelerating slower the it did previously especially in first and second gear, when accelerating in first gear I have to get it up to 4500rpms to get the car to move. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what this might be?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Burning plastic could be anything, Have you jacked up the car and looked underneath for a loose plastic bag melting onto an exhaust pipe?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
If that clutch is original, most likely it needs to be replaced. At 65,000 miles, that is the lifetime of many clutches. I got to 125,ooo miles and when replaced, 2 springs were missing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts