Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have been chasing up mag places for ages and haven't had any luck finding somone that can import the rims i want.

I'm after something unique thats not gonna be seen on your everyday skyline or silvia.
I'm hoping to import Do-Luck Double six's ( http://www.do-luck-usa.com/wheels.html )
but would also settle for some nice Volks or Vielside rims. If anyone knows anywhere in queensland or even further out that can import rims from the states or japan please let me know.

Cheers

Ell :wavey:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
mcChapman did u consider buying your Volks from the US, or was it still cheaper to buy from Aus? May i ask what Donnelan charged you?

I had a look at some US sites, and they have pretty tempting Volk wheel/tire packages. Usually with o/s parts i get the seller to declare value less than AUS $250, but i doubt itd work on such a huge package

I wouldnt have a clue what the customs charges would be, do you?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
It was the same price as importing I paid AU$980 a wheel.

4 from US = ~US$2189 = $AU2900 (depending on size and type etc)

Shipping is alot from overseas, but I forget how much?

Then there is a max of 15% import duty and 10% gst depending on how they do the receipts.

2900 X 15% = AU$3335
3335 X 10% = AU$3669

So $3669 + Shipping? = Same as ordering them here through someone. They didnt have my sizes in stock so they order them from Japan and Japan MAKES them which takes about 2-3months, then they have to get here. Waiting is the worst part.

I dont know anything about the free trade argreement, but that would make some of the taxes cheaper but everything else is the same.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Shipping is US$200. It's not that much. As far as I know, the FTA is only for goods produced in USA and RAYS are made in Japan. You might be better off importing them straight from Japan.

·
Registered
562 Posts
By the way, if you want the wheels from japan, this guys might be a start http://www.ooparts-international.co.jp/ind...r/frameset.html

For 4 19x9.5 TE37 you'll pay $2787, but I'm not sure about the shipping and in japan they have some bank charge, but it's not a lot, they have a form if you want to get a quote.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
sweet thanks Nuff, links been bookmarked

ill wait to get the car before going any further with the rims

i definitely will be buying all my mods o/s, just as i have done with the Alfa. I dont buy anything from Aus anymore, way too overpriced, and o/s buying is just too easy and way more empowering

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeap, feels good to do your own shopping online, then save a nice 50% on Aus retail price :irock:

it seems the discounts on Z parts arent as clear cut as they were with Alfa parts, but i was buying parts for less than half Aus dealer prices from UK and Netherlands

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
[/quote]

Still thats...

AU$3669(wheels + taxes) + AU$262(shipping) = AU$3931

Divide by 4 wheels = $982.75 per wheel for importing them.

So if your paying the import taxes its still the same price as buying them here, I paid $980 a wheel from Donnellans in Melbourne.

I dont buy things locally either but if theres a problem and you have to send them back its easier to return them if you got them here. Shipping $4K wheels around the world isnt that easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've decided to go some Volk GT-C's because anything else i like is out of my price range (always the way)
I have been quoted $4820 for (19x9) front (19x10) rear all with rubber. How does that sound?

Last time i bought rims i paid $1300 total with tyres for 16"s for my lancer :p

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Thats quite good man

where is this quote from? and what rubber?

also another question, why are the GT-C cheaper than the TE37, the TE37 is a simple single piece wheel, the GT-C is 2 piece isnt it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is from Wheel Revolution. Its with the cheapest rubber i can get. And from what i gather the big price diff with the TE37 and the GT-C is the weight diff, TE37 i heard only way 6Kg per magnesium rim, as opposed to the usual heavy stuff.

Am i gonna run into any probs with the cheapo tyres?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
what rubber is it?

it depends what u use ur car for. If ur into driving, going hard through corners or parts of a car club which organises cruises, then ultimately cheap tyres wont grip as well. But if u just use the car going to and from work, other than possibly excess tyre noise, u can get away with it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts