Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go and take out the cover off my car this morning and this is what I find...

If I was to find out who did this I will cut his fucking hand off. This was a random act for sure, I don't have enemies and I hardly have friends, it probably happend during New Years Eve, when everyone is wasted, they saw a car covered and figured here lets **** with this one, I swear I would smash that son of a cheap whores face in if I found out who was it. ************. Sorry I need to vent. Anyone know of someone who puts glass in (miami area) ASAP this is my daily driver and I need my car up asap. I'm gonna call my insurance now. DAMMIT. :x

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That really sucks man. Sorry to see that kind of crap going on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After close examination I noticed where the impact is located it seemed very perfect looking, I'm also a gun enthusiast and I've seen the effect of bullets going through glass, at first I was so pissed It didnt come to me but after I calmed down I went out and looked at it again, It hit me like a ton of bricks I knew for a fact that it was a bullet. As i looked closely I noticed that it appeared that it didn't go all the way through so I knew it must have bounced off, as I looked carefully through the ground......

People please be careful out there during these times, this could have killed someone easily, being a gun enthusiat It pisses me off to see such carelessness from other people who own guns. I hope he gets whats coming to him.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
sorry to see your ride got vandalized, more so after your last post, glad to see you were not in harms way.

this si something they do in Philly each year - fire guns straight up - I have always heard of the stray projectiles returning to earth, but never knew anyone that was affected.

Windows can be fixed - you may not have been so lucky!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Could this have come from someone firing a weapon in the air to celebrate the New years?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could this have come from someone firing a weapon in the air to celebrate the New years?

For sure, I hadn't touched my car in the entire weekend, I know for a fact this was caused on New Years Eve when stupid people with guns fire into the air with no regard for other peoples safety.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Think this happened from the bullet on it's return arc? As in, fired upward, parabolic arc, then down at terminal velocity? It could do it, as that bullet was most likely traveling at speeds up to 120mph.

·
Registered
538 Posts
At least it hit the window and not the body of the car. Windows are easy to replace, but it still pisses you off.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. People have no respect for anyone elses property anymore! :punch:

Although my damage wasn't anywhere near yours, I had something similar happen to me over the weekend.
I always park my car far away when I park in large parking lots. I went to Wal-Mart this weekend and someone pushed a cart into my rear bumper. This was no accident, the parking lot has a decent slope downwards towards the store, and their were no cars above mine.

I'm lucky, the paint didn't spiderweb and the marks the cart left, are now hardly visible after I cleaned up the area. I'm hoping a clay bar will take off the rest.

I believe in karma . . . so eventually these people will get what's coming to them. :irock:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow. That's just plain bad luck. :headshake:

From what I understand, insurance is pretty cool about glass replacement. I'm sure they'll be more understanding when they see that it was caused by random gunfire.

Good thing no one was hurt at the time. Now if you could only find the perp who did it. :nutkick:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
and there's no hole in the car cover? you would think that there would be some damage to the car cover caused by the broken glass (and the bullet).

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
and there's no hole in the car cover? you would think that there would be some damage to the car cover caused by the broken glass (and the bullet).

This was more of a low velocity impact (relatively speaking). Note the bullet didn't penetrate the glass. Basically, think of taking a hammer to glass covered by a tarp. The hammer will break the glass, but not go through the tarp.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jetpilot is right, this was a low velocity impact, the bullet itself had little deformation, it just hit, f'ed up the glass and bounced off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
about 3ft, if i place the bullet in the hole it made the way the bullet defromed (angled) and the way the hole is (also angled), it fits perfectly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts