Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Z a few days ago. I love it, but I'm still trying to figure all the little stuff on the out car. So whats up with the driver side window. I turn offf the car and close the door and the window comes partially down. Is that normal operation or what. Also some times I want to roll it up and it goes all the way up and then comes right back down halfway. Is that some kind of setting or do I need to take it to the dealer and start using my waranty. Will someone break it down for me. Thanx

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
As far as the partial drop when you open the doors, that's normal. The glass lowers slightly so that you can open the door. There's a name for this, but I can't recall what it is at the moment.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
no idea what's going on. when you open the door the window should come down a tiny bit and then when you close it it'll go back up and create a seal. i have no idea why yours is acting funny.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
As far as the window going all the way up, that's probably because you can have the windows go all the way up by pulling the button all the way up and letting go (just like with the automatic down). Why it goes back down I have no idea. A trip to the dealer may be in order

·
Registered
9 Posts
[/quote]

Sounds like your window regulator is going bad. It acts like it is detecting an obstacle in its patch of travel and the anti pinch system is kicking in. You may have to have your window limit switch adjusted (tells the car when the window is up) or have your regulator swapped out.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
[/quote]

Sounds like your window regulator is going bad. It acts like it is detecting an obstacle in its patch of travel and the anti pinch system is kicking in. You may have to have your window limit switch adjusted (tells the car when the window is up) or have your regulator swapped out.
<div align="right">[snapback]94573[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have the same problem with my passenger window. I have read about quite a few other people with this problem as well. A trip to the dealer will fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got Mine fixed, They said it was off of the track somewhat, but they fixed for free, now it happens everyonce in a while, I will probably mention it again during my 30,000 mile check up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts