Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Interested in a Z run through the North GA mountains?

• I'm down with that!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hail naw!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Due to a recent outage, uh-hum , at my regular site, I was able to refind this site. It was the first Z forum I checked out, and DAUM now I rememeber some of the rides!! Here is everyone's pre-invite...

I am considering organizing a run through the North GA mountains during the middle of November. I am wanting to keep the "theme" open, as to attract as many car people as possible. I am aiming to get tons of Z's together, but I know many of you have friends like me that own bikes, Evos, STis, etc that might enjoy a great drive. But hopefully no punks will be interested, as this is a punk free environment.

I want to get an idea together of how many of you, your friends, yo mommas and yo daddies might be interested in joining. I'll keep the details open at this point, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there!

Leanback,
Jenn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the interest peeps!

JTS2005,

I used to think I wanted to move to FLA, but when I stop and think about the fact I can be in the mountains or at Road Atlanta in 30-45 minutes from my house...I'm happy! And I'm sure GA misses you too!

gdojr,

Like I said, I am keeping the details open for another week or so. I just wanted to collect some interest. I will study road maps this week and post the big details at another time. I wanted to get an idea of how many people were coming from the southside and the northside so I could plan places and times to meet up. Thank you!!

Jenn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry everyone watching this thread, as I have been busy at work and unable to post much at home. I am currently in the middle of taking a big job promotion requiring me to move to South GA

November 20th it is

OK...I am looking for peoples input on this, but here is a rough draft. I thought those of us South of Buford, GA (Mall of GA area) we could meet up off the first exit off 985, GA20 around 930 am or so. (If you're coming in from out of town, there are plenty of hotels in the immediate and surrounding areas) Then drive North to highway 129 (I believe). Head East towards the mountains and make another stop at Turner's Corners to pick up any stragglers or stretch. Then through the Blood Mountain pass and into Blairsville. This is where it gets tricky. If anyone knows of a good place around Blairsville/Blue Ridge area to feed all of us, I need your help (If we want to do the dining thing). To finish, either back over the mountain the way we came in, or South on 515/575, and GA20 back towards Buford. From there it would really be open to whatever people want to do. Since I will still be "living" in our house in Sugar Hill, I am down with drinks and whatever at my house. Parking isn't an issue, and the hose is available for the debugging car wash if needed.

If you think Nov 13th would be better, let me know! Your suggentions are defeinitley welcome!! And feel free to PM with detailed questions.

Jenn

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by Sheez@Oct 2 2004, 02:06 PM
But hopefully no punks will be interested, as this is a punk free environment.

...guess I'm out...

:jk: Good luck with the organization! There's some pretty countryside down there. I've been on the coast of GA a couple of times (Brunswick up to Savannah)...awesome!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
UPDATE

What: N. Georgia Mountain Run
(For all makes and models of cars. Motorcycles welcome.)

When: November 20th

Time: Start meeting at 10am leave for run at 11am

Where: Meeting place will be Toys R Us parking lot in Buford, Georgia off I-985 on Ga. 20 across from the Mall of Georgia. Exit 4.

Hotels Available: Holiday Inn Express & Days Inn both are off Ga. 20. Take I-85 North to I-985. Take exit 4 and turn left for the hotels and turn right for Toys R Us.

Check for updates as I will adjust as the date gets closer.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Update

Here's part of the route. I found more discussion btwn Jenn and Brian on Frenzy:

"From Buford you can go 985 to exit 22, make a left and your on 129. This leads you up to Cleveland and then you could go straight and stay on 129 or make a right and go through Helen. I think it would be fun to do the Helen route. I was looking at a map the other day and thought maybe leaving Blairsville and coming back down the mountains through Suches instead of the 575 or retracing our footsteps routes."

Also about Toys R Us:

"For anyone not familar with the area, you will have to turn right at the light before the Toys R Us. There are no entrances from Ga-20. You will see a TGI Fridays at the corner. If your comming from the north take 985 south to exit 4, then take a left on Ga-20 turn right at light before Toys R Us. If you go past the light you will have to turn around because there is no entrance from 20. You will see a Fridays at the corner."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dang it Pam you beat me to this one:biggrin: . I posted on some of the other sites. I also sent you an email of the flyer with the exit labeled along with toys R us.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Hey everyone...this run is still on. Rain won't stop us at all...and if you wanna hang with some keWL peeps, get in a drive before the snow or take breath-taking pics of the mountain's huggin' your ride...meet us at Toys R Us in Buford, exit 4 off I-985, This Sat...10a-11am...drive starts at 11am....

C-YA there!!!

:shiftdrive: :shiftdrive: :shiftdrive: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
weird/..I'll be in Buford on the 22nd having the Z tuned at Balanced Performance...arriving late afternoon on the 21st. Have fun everyone!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Unfortunatley I have proir obligations on Saturday...or I would come up early.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts