Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

What setup would you use for 650+rwhp? READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING OR POSTING!!

• APS Twin Turbocharger Kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GReddy Twin Turbocharger Kit

• Speed Force Racing (SFR)/ SSR Twin Turbocharger Kit

• Power Enterprise Twin Turbocharger Kit

• APS Single Turbocharger Kit

• Turbonetics Single Turbocharger Kit

• AAM Return-Fuel System

• CJ-Motorsports Fuel System

• Either Fuel System + APS Tallboy Plenum

• HKS F-Con V-Pro Standalone Engine Management

• GReddy E-Manage Piggyback Engine Management

• AEM Engine Management System (EMS)

• APS/Unichip Piggyback Engine Management

• Other (specify)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REGARDING THE POLL: YOU ARE ALLOWED MULTIPLE CHOICES. You can only pick on fuel system or fuel system + APS TallBoy Plenum and only one turbocharger kit.

I just figured this would be interesting to see what everyone would choose. You can choose anything, money doesn't matter, you are out to get 650+rwhp and it doesn't matter how you get it.

(yes I know you need to upgrade internals and a few other things)

Moderators...admins, any way you can do multiple choice?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Other :

APS TT, tall boy plenum , expanded fuel system.

Built LB, Headwork and CAMs (JWT etc).

Note:the base APS system is inadequate for 650rwhp by itself,
it needs help from fuel system upgrades and more Intake CFM via CAM and/or head work.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Other:

Remove VQ35DE.

Install RB26DETT.

Tune that. The VQ is impossible for high hp and reliability in the same sentence. There, I said it.. lol

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
650 will be a breeze. Now 800+...that's going to get a little more complicated.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

you said you wanted to get it done in the next 5-7 years....so, you have plenty of time for many more mods to come out to make it possible to get to 1000hp. in the next 5 years....i'm sure there will be plenty of 350z's in the 700-1000hp range.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/quote]

you said you wanted to get it done in the next 5-7 years....so, you have plenty of time for many more mods to come out to make it possible to get to 1000hp. in the next 5 years....i'm sure there will be plenty of 350z's in the 700-1000hp range.
<div align="right">[snapback]89373[/snapback]
[/quote]
This thread wasn't started to help me. I was just curious what the consensus would go with with all options on the table.

To get 450-650rwhp...all you need is pistons, rods, turbo kit, fuel system (just for the engine, not talking clutch and ect.). To get 650+rwhp, you'll need to do headwork (cams, valvetrain, ect.) and you're going to run into some oil problems (oil cooler, pump, and pan) and of course, sleeves.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I'd sleeve the block for 650. APS, CJ-Motorsports fuel, HKS F-Con engine management....and the widest rubber I could fit under her.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kenny, that's actually what I was thinking. :rolf2: Best turbo kit, with best engine management (well, in my mind),and best fuel system (well, in my mind again).

·
Registered
806 Posts
[/quote]

I agree. I'd get a parts R34 and swap out all the wiring and AWD system. You'll have the multi functional display OBD II system in the car, too, if you have a screen.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
Nope. Sorry. The only way to have a multiple choice poll is to have people answer with posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Come on guy's...don't be shy, it isn't that complicated. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts