Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Since you already have the Borla TD and test pipes, I'd go with Borla Headers ($575 parts and $300 labor), and JWT popcharger intake ($110 parts and $60 labor). That totals $1,045, just slightly more than your budget.

If I had $1,832 ($1,232 parts and $600 labor), I'd go with the Nismo R-Tune cams.

At some point you are going to need the Technosquare custom ECU flash. That's $595. But I would do that mod last, when I had all the rest of my N/A engine mods in place.

This can get expensive. Take it from one who knows.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
As of right now I would definately go with the Nismo exhaust. I have the R/T cats and have heard it paired up with the Nismo exhaust and it sounds mean. Gonna be my next mod in the next couple months.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd go with Tint, Clear Bra, Pop Charger, and track brake pads

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tint has already been done, so i cant decide on what to get. i was thinking about getting a new cd player with an amp and hook up my mids and highs i have sitting here. other than that i dont know what i want. i heard that the gains from the headers are not worth it but correct me if im wrong. suggest away guys and GALS!!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I never spend a nickel on any mod that doesn't make my Z go faster. My opinion is the headers, or better yet, the Crawford plenum (and strut brace, the stock one won't fit over it). If you give them your stock plenum the crawford plenum is $450, and the brace is $200. If you want to keep your stock plenum it will cost you an additional $200. That still leaves enough money for the JWT popcharger intake.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The updated Tilton clutch package is mighty tempting and would totally change your experience I think. I believe it runs $1300 though.
The expensive headers are better, like Crawford. You probably want SS and closer to equal length. I'm going with DC Sports. The install price will kill ya though. I'm gonna do it myself though.

Kinetix plenum is real nice and cheaper than the Crawford since you keep your StB. With some HF cats, it's a nice combo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pop charger, Nitrous kit, and a nice tint. than pocket the rest.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I don't know about the "updated" Tilton clutch package. Does that include the 8 lb. flywheel? If so, it is a great mod if you are one serious mofo. Don't get a Tilton clutch and flywheel unless you are prepared for a car that is barely streetable. VERY hard to launch smoothly from a dead stop, and easy to kill the engine. I love mine, and have gotten pretty good at driving it. Just go into it with your eyes open.

One thing is for sure, if you get the Tilton flywheel and clutch, your girlfriend will never want to drive your Z again. LMFAO

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I changed my mind. I would go to the racetrack as many times as $1000 would strech, in my bone stock 350Z.

·
Registered
4 Posts
NOS hah no JK(unless u drag)..I would buy a nice set of race tires and go to the track like Rich said, and if not invest that and play it smart untill its about 10 grand then go buy greddy TT and get it installed.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Borla TD exhaust and intake (or aftermarket plenum). More air in, free up the exhaust! Great sound for the money, imho.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts