Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I really want to get this problem fixed as it is getting really beeping annoying. Please don't tell me to bring it to the dealer, they are useless and stupid. Anyway, the problem I have regards my idle. Basically I have a late 04 with 15K miles on it, the car had never idled perfect with the AC off. I tried adding ground kit and cleaned the AFM just now, but the car still doesnt idle with the AC off. It would jump up and down varying by i would say 50-150RPM at idle. You can clearly see the needle bouncing. Other than the annoying factor, the car does work good. I removed the intake tube, everything seems to be nice and clean. I will try to test for vacuum leak by adding a vacuum gauge and spray carb cleaner later, but what else do you guys think i can do? The car shows no check engine light and everything works good.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
just take it to the dealer.....lol
joking
well i dont think that this is a problem really. i have this idle thing too, ever since i added my kinetix plenum.
do u have a plenum installed? if yes, thats why.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the car is bone stock other than the ground wires (the idle problem had appeared even before them). I purchased the car new with 12 miles on it. The idle problem only appears with the AC off

I have been to the BBB and 7 different dealers. If someone would pay off the car for me, they can have this POS. I dont know why i ever sold my 911 for this crap

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
We experienced this with several Z's. The dealer always told us it was fine,however we swapped out the coil packs on one and it was fine after that..Could be plugs,or Coil packs.Or you could have the dealer bump your idle to 750-800rpms where it should be..Do you also get a "POP" comming from the exhaust at idle once and a while?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's just bloody annoying for the car to be shaking at the pedal when the AC is off. It's a brand new car, not suppose to do this crap. When you mentioned changing coilpacks, did you change all 6?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got the car back together again, put some CARB cleaner on it, no intake or vacuum leak. I think the problem is something electronic. I will do the idle relearn again, but i doubt its going to help. F$%^, I hate Nissan. I cant wait to get rid of this car in 3 years

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Let us know what happens. I'm surprised the grounding kit didn't remedy it.. when I added my JWT pop and nismo ground, idle became smooth as a baby's bottom.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at least they would fix things, not tell you that its a sports car, deal with it. I am not buying a cheap car again, no loaners, crappy sales people, what's up with that? I felt like I paid 30K for a Hyundai for crying out loud

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
at least they would fix things, not tell you that its a sports car, deal with it. I am not buying a cheap car again, no loaners, crappy sales people, what's up with that? I felt like I paid 30K for a Hyundai for crying out loud

tmak,

is there anything you like about the Z?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it looks great, drives good, not very useful, built like #$%^&, dealers cheap as ****, what more do you want in a 30K car? I should have kept my other cars

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
it looks great, drives good, not very useful, built like #$%^&, dealers cheap as ****, what more do you want in a 30K car? I should have kept my other cars
So you like that it's built like **** and the dealers are cheap as ****.

Why don't you just sell the car and get something else if you don't like it?

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Thats it, time to call the Waaaamulance.. lol The Z isn't that bad. Ive had my share of issues, but you just need to find a dealership you can trust. Don't just settle on the closest one, shop around. My dealership is 30 mins away from my house and I use them because of their exceptional service. I pass another Nissan Dealer that is 5 mins from my house on the way. Their service sucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.