Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new Murano S a few days ago. Stock system sucks, and my wife actually wants to upgrade it!

Here is the situation:

-We cannot upgrade the head unit as it is tied in with the AC and trip computer.

-We are getting in Infinity Reference 6x9 3-ways for the front doors tomorrow, and 6.5 two ways for the rear doors tomorrow.

-There is room for extra teets in dash if need be

-There is room for 2 small amps under the rear seats.

-She wants a sub, but prefers it to be hidden, and SQ is preferred over SPL.

-I am not afraid to fiberglass, but this is not meant to be an expensive project (500 or so dollas)

Any ideas? I would like to do a 5 or 6 channel amp setup for a clean install and good SQ. My biggest issue is I need the amp to be fairly small, but clean. Also, where can I fit a sub, and whats a great SQ smallish (8 or 10") sub?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
You will have a tough time finding a small 5 channel amp. I would suggest a good 4 channel and a good 1 channel amp for the sub. A single 10" sub of good quality can provide all the sound you need. Fiberglassing would give you more options as far as making the box stealth, but a more economical choice is to get a small 10" Q-Logic box.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, wouldnt the 10W6V2 outprice me? Maybe a 10W3 though. I really like my elemental designs and have been contmplating getting another one.

I like the idea of a JL amp though, hella nice amps, but again a bit pricey. Toykilla you may be right, I might need two amps, I will have to look closer at the compartment to see exactly how much room I have. I just have a feeling that amping the mids and highs will make a huge difference.

I am going to see how the 3 way 6x9s sound, but I may also add tweets up front. I just dont want TOO much treble, but I am not sure how nice the 6x9s would sound (midbass should be nice though).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts