·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:vomit: Sky

·
Registered
755 Posts
look again.. it's a GM this is the same car that Pontiac is introducing as Solice or something like that. just like pentium and celeron.. same internals different names under one stupid company. I drive a saturn in winter by the way 93 SC1 1.9 DOHC makes a whopping 75 HP to the wheels but i can run faster.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by nourarnaout@Jan 7 2005, 09:52 AM
look again.. it's a GM this is the same car that Pontiac is introducing as Solice or something like that. just like pentium and celeron.. same internals different names under one stupid company. I drive a saturn in winter by the way 93 SC1 1.9 DOHC makes a whopping 75 HP to the wheels but i can run faster.

Again, me no likey. I'm sure there's a few diehards out there who will think their Saturns will kick some import ass, though.

I call :rice:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Jan 7 2005, 09:13 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-nourarnaout
@Jan 7 2005, 09:52 AM

Again, me no likey. I'm sure there's a few diehards out there who will think their Saturns will kick some import ass, though.

I call :rice:

oh yeah i beat Z's all the time lol. I had a guy make fun of my saturn once to the point that i decided to to play him really bad. so i offered him a bet that i can beat his wild acura typeR with "My Car" he goes nuts and tells me to meet him same night.. i show up in my Z and i wave the ownership "thats my car *******" he refused to race.

·
Registered
335 Posts
:jerkit:
My mom (58 yrs old) is really jacked up about the new Saturn "sports car". I love my mom dearly, but she asked my why I bought the 350Z over a Miata. "The Miata is so much cuter".

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Looks like an S2000 if you ask me...

It's not bad for Saturn. Definitely a step up from all their other junk.

I wonder if the car will be as cheap as something like a Miata or if they will try to charge $30k for it. I guess we'll see...

·
Registered
351 Posts
It's not bad; at least it's some competetion for the miata...

And, nothing wrong with platform sharing..*cough**g35*

Although, as usual, the curb weight will be more than it oughtta be and the engine is pretty pathetic for the displacement. 170? C'mon, the 2.4L 240SX made 165 hp back in 1991. And, it was way lighter. What's this thing gonna weigh (without a back seat and useable room like the 240), 2900 lbs?

Okay, I guess I agree, it is a POS. But at least the quality will be... uh, yeah, POS

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I don't think it's that bad. The red dashboard is a little much, but overall I like the styling. 170HP is a bit low for my tastes, but to each his own.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Fleshrot@Jan 7 2005, 11:02 AM
:jerkit:
My mom (58 yrs old) is really jacked up about the new Saturn "sports car".  I love my mom dearly, but she asked my why I bought the 350Z over a Miata.  "The Miata is so much cuter".

:rolf2: Does your mom know what the Datsun is or was? She's at that age where a lot of women probably felt like they came in second to the newly introduced Datsun back in the day...

If it quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. Saturn is as Saturn does. And like Dissident said, still a POS. I heard they are going to start it at $25k. I would rather buy a SRT-4...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wifey's saturd never let us down...except in the acceleration/cornering dept. Always started, ran, cheap on gas, cheap to fix...

I'm pretty sure no one here checked out miatas before buying their Z33. Just not in the same league...though that saturd looks like it might give the mazda a run for the $...

Honda builds the Vue for saturd...I wonder if they have anything to do with this?....

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
[/quote]

I'm with Terri on this one.. its really not so bad looking. However, its anything but original. Thats a toyota MR2, clearly.

My prediction is the price will be prohibitive (like with vettes and the fast version crossfire), as in, "Theres no way I'd drop x amount of money for that domestic crap"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts