Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to the ZCOT metting tonight, I had a Prob with the Z. Both my Break(the one that is normal on with the Parking Break) and Batt lights(the red one that is shaped like a Batt) came on as I was waiting for My girl to get off work :wtf: .(and right after I got of the phone with Jaysen :thumbsup: ) I also noticed that my Volts were Very low,:xZ!o: so I think my Alternator, or something, is out. have any Ideas? I know the Batt light comes on when there is not a good enough Charge, but why would the Break light come on as well?

Now I have heard that Nissan has had with several cars, notably 2003 Muranos, problems with certain batches of alternators that were prone to premature failure.

Has anybody else heard of this on the 350Z?

Also, I have the UR lightweight pulleys on my Z(all 3) including the alternator, do you think they will try to void the Warranty :finger: ? I don't have time to take to Courtesy Nissan (my normal dealer), so I am taking to Bankston Nissan Lewisville. I hope they are a good dealership, any of the local guys take their Z there?
:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
That sux man!!! IMO, i dont think you will have a problem with the warranty issue! when are you taking it in, and are you gonna be able to come on sat?
well keep us posted witht what you find out
lata
jay

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I turned the wrong way on 35 this moring off 3040, and my car ended up at North Texas Nissan. So far so good, they have called me twice since i droped the car off at 8:30 this moring. It is my alternator and they are replaicing it under Warranty. I should get it back tonight, or in the moring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts