Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I nstalled the J&S unit and I think a couple of the coil wires shorted out against one another and fried my ECM completely...$690 replacement cost
I am really getting sick of this car!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ouch!

Makes my 3-day front tires & alignment at the dealer sound like a walk in the park. Maybe they'll let me see my car today...but probly only if I don't call & cuss 'em again.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jul 1 2004, 04:42 PM
I hope you mean "upgraded" DiRN--Julian that sucks big time!  Hope you get it taken care of quickly!!!

<span style="color:darkblue">I don't know what you're talking about

And where'd you get your new ECU Josh?</span>

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by 350z@Jul 1 2004, 10:54 PM
dirn his ECU was from the wrecked Z!!  we took it out the day we stripped it of parts

Oh, okay. I suspected that, but I wasn't sure if he ever had a chance to strip it

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok..Time for the update..I have Good news,good news,bad news,good news,good news,and bad news,and bad news...
here it goes, first good news is that my car is up and running stronger than ever. the second good news is that my ECU was NOT fried!!

The bad news is that is was not the ECU and they had to diagnose the problem.The third good news is that it was an ECU RELAY that went bad, the fourth good news is that this relay cost $1.87...

Now the second bad news is that the ECU I ordered I can not return for a refund
and the third bad news is that Nissan charged me $307 to diagnose and replace this relay..

So now I have an extra ECU I have no use for and my wallet is $940 lighter

Moral of the story: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS A HOME KIDS!!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I'm glad to hear everything worked out with the car in the end. You should add a $940 replay as a mod in the garage.
</span>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts