Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's 3800lbs. Who cares what it looks like. :lame:
That doesn't change the fact that it is a faster than cars 2 or 3x its price. Sure, it could go on a diet, but that hardly makes it "lame". ****, our Z's are over weight, does that make them lame?

Once Nissan decides that they want to get the GTR's weight under control, it will decimate all. Right now, they are just waiting for the other auto makers to catch up and make something faster for less than GTR money. Can't raise the bar too high too fast.

As far as how it looks, it gives me boners. It's clearly a matter of preference. That's what I love about Nissan. They aren't afraid to take styling to the ragged edge and make people take a hard line, hate it or love it. It's not some bland **** that everybody will tolerate. Like the boomerang heads and tails on the 370. At first, everybody said "WTF are those?!?" and people got their panties in a bunch about it but now you see other cars taking cues from the 370 (i.e. Prius).

·
Registered
110 Posts
That doesn't change the fact that it is a faster than cars 2 or 3x its price. Sure, it could go on a diet, but that hardly makes it "lame". ****, our Z's are over weight, does that make them lame?

Hey, who are you calling over weight? Ha ha. I still think its a fantastic car, and its wickedly fast. Sure it may be heavy. Imagine a world where everyone was thin....scary place, right.

But seriously, glad you spanked a BMW. I am sorry to say this, but the only guys I cannot stand more than the bimmer guys are the vette guys..

·
4,328 Posts
Like the boomerang heads and tails on the 370. At first, everybody said "WTF are those?!?"
I'm still like that. I had considered getting a 370Z, but when I saw the final production model, the lights were a deal breaker for me. The "boomerang" lights flat out look like canned ass to me.

-Ronin Z

·
5,437 Posts
This is all true, but how it does it just bugs me to death. With electronic gadgetry, a transmission made of glass and no option for a proper MT. Yeah, flappy paddle is faster, blah blah, but I don't care what anyone says, you just don't have the control of a MT.

And yes, I also think our Z's are overweight as well, but not by much. To compensate, I never keep any junk in the car and I'm well under-weight (137lbs). Being 5-5 has it's advantages :)

The worst thing I ever did was own an S2000. I got to see what a light car feels like (2700lbs). The GTR accelerates well, because it has 480hp. But it will still corner, brake and shift weight like a 3800lb car. A light car simply does everything better, stops - goes - and turns. It's a different feeling I can't describe in text, and it's more addictive than crack.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is all true, but how it does it just bugs me to death. With electronic gadgetry, a transmission made of glass and no option for a proper MT. Yeah, flappy paddle is faster, blah blah, but I don't care what anyone says, you just don't have the control of a MT.
Sounds like you need a ZR-1! For those of us that aren't experts (like me), it's a lot easier to drive a GT-R fast. Depending on who you are this could be good or bad. I personally believe that fast is fast.

And yes, I also think our Z's are overweight as well, but not by much. To compensate, I never keep any junk in the car and I'm well under-weight (137lbs). Being 5-5 has it's advantages :)
This is why I have the enthusiast and I don't keep junk in the car either. Unfortunately, I'm 6' and 190. :thatsfunny: *fatty*

The worst thing I ever did was own an S2000. I got to see what a light car feels like (2700lbs). The GTR accelerates well, because it has 480hp. But it will still corner, brake and shift weight like a 3800lb car. A light car simply does everything better, stops - goes - and turns. It's a different feeling I can't describe in text, and it's more addictive than crack.
Agreed. And I have hope that Nissan will slim down the GTR when the market catches up and is building 480 HP monsters for 80 grand that haul ass. Now that the new 911 will melt the pavement, I guess they have a new target to shoot for. They can add power and beef up the tranny to handle high RPM launches but I sincerely hope they drop a few hundred pounds.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm still like that. I had considered getting a 370Z, but when I saw the final production model, the lights were a deal breaker for me. The "boomerang" lights flat out look like canned ass to me.

-Ronin Z
I don't like them, they are just "meh" to me. I DEFINITELY wouldn't the heads/tails stop me from getting one even if I yacked when I saw them. If you put the styling aside (because that's clearly debatable), the 370 is a phenomenal car IMO. I love my 350 and the 370 is measurably better in every way. You won't find a better sporty car for the money.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't like them, they are just "meh" to me. I DEFINITELY wouldn't the heads/tails stop me from getting one even if I yacked when I saw them. If you put the styling aside (because that's clearly debatable), the 370 is a phenomenal car IMO. I love my 350 and the 370 is measurably better in every way. You won't find a better sporty car for the money.
Agreed! Its funny, because many commented on the 370 when they realize I own a 350 and tell me how much better it looks than the 350. To be honest, I still like the styling of the 350Z better. Although, some things I didn't care for on the 350Z, it seems they fixed in the 370Z. Still, its been a love affair with this car since I first saw it on the dealer lot, and I still feel the same way as that day.

I test drove 2 370s and it was different. Cannot describe to you how, just didn't feel the same.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts