Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a brand new 06 z, white wiht carbon cloth interior.
i love the car, dont get me wrong, i just hate the idea of not having back seats
i thought i could handle it but i cant
i cant drive my friends around on the weekends
is there like a rear seat conversion for thecar, like just alittle bench or something
really
if some one could find something liek that i would be so grateful
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You're going to have to trade in on something else. Right behind the driver's seat is the gas tank, other parts, etc. There's no way to do it man. There's just not enough room.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I'm sorry but why do you need to be a taxi? Let them meet you places. Or trade it in.

Personally I love no back seats. After having to ferry kids to and from sports, movies, parties, etc. I was gald to get a two seater where I have to say, "Oh, sorry I can only fit one other person in here..." I love it!!

Congrats on the new Z and welcome to Tech!

·
Registered
798 Posts
i hear ya about driving with ur friends thing... it is annoying when u want to drive ur car with ur friends but cant bc there just isnt any room. but overall I dont hate my car.... I love the fact that if I do go out with my friends I can leave when I want without being told I am ruining someone's night. I save miles and gas cause I am driving in their car. And I can listen to my music without having someone say what the **** are u listening to? Its me and my daughter and everyone else can drive. :) enjoy the car u just bought it.... If u keep thinking like that then u will eventually end up hating the car.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
i hear ya about driving with ur friends thing... it is annoying when u want to drive ur car with ur friends but cant bc there just isnt any room. but overall I dont hate my car.... I love the fact that if I do go out with my friends I can leave when I want without being told I am ruining someone's night. I save miles and gas cause I am driving in their car. And I can listen to my music without having someone say what the **** are u listening to? Its me and my daughter and everyone else can drive. enjoy the car u just bought it.... If u keep thinking like that then u will eventually end up hating the car.
well put, but you gotta admit that u want a G35 :)

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
:welcome: to the site.

Like BUddy said...NO WAY to get any more seats in the Z...not designed to be a 2+2.

IMO owning a sports car is all about developing a personal realtaionship between the machine & driver. The passenger seat is just for asthetics or stowing some gear that can be tossed in back when a hottie needs a lift. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
Not having a back seat is one of the reasons I love the Z. Whenever I am out with a couple of friends I never get stuck driving :biggrin:

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I am with yall, I LOVE not having a back seat. That way, I am NEVER in charge of carpooling! :lol: Either take 007Angel's way of thinking, it's you and one person w/ no one to depend upon and no one telling you when to go or where etc, or make some friends with some really small people that can fit in the hatch!

:cheers: and :welcome: to the site! :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
O don't mind not having a back seat. It's not like I'm going to throw a dog, haul people, or luggage back there. It's a car for you and a special someone...but mainly for you. A G35 sound good right about now, huh?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I dont have friends, so no back seat is fine with me. You are going to take a big hit if you turn around and try to trade it back in.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
ok i actually owned both cars, and i can speak out of experience

The Z is basically not a comfort car, it is 100% a sports car. everything is designed to suit the driver DRIVING experience not the drivers comfort. As far as back seating goes, it will cut down mileage on your car, by you car pooling in other peoples cars :), save you gas.

oh and very uncomdrtable if you wanna do the nasty! no room! :)

but i have to admit the Z is much more fun to drive than the G.

as far as the G goes, it more of a luxury/sport combination, but more luxury than sport IMO. doesnt give you the feeling of "need for speed" its a powerful car, very smooth ride, but luxury over comes it all, and you become a slow driver :)

i have never drove less than 90mph with my Z on the highway, with the G im a 70-80 mph max driver

both cars are sexy, both cars look good

the Z is a faster car IMO, it even looks fast even when its parked...

Enjoy your Z man...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
everything is designed to suit the driver DRIVING experience not the drivers comfort.
..I'm pretty comfortable in the driver's seat of the Z ayman...but I get your meaning, just wanted to clarify that point.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Why did you buy the Z if you think 4 seats are important? :doh:

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
:welcome: to the site.

Like BUddy said...NO WAY to get any more seats in the Z...not designed to be a 2+2.

IMO owning a sports car is all about developing a personal realtaionship between the machine & driver. The passenger seat is just for asthetics or stowing some gear that can be tossed in back when a hottie needs a lift. :cheers:
I agree with kshepp. You bought the car because it's a sportscar, now enjoy it while you can. You can always get a 4 seater down the rode.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 350z has a sports car focus, made for performance driving. More people= more wieght= BAD Handling.

I love sports cars do have they're compromises. I have always for the most part had 2 seaters. So i'm used to it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Love the Z for not having back seats...besides i hate people sitting behind me anyways or having to get out to let someone in.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
With the price difference you saved, you can easily afford a 2nd car. Get a nice 4-door beater to drive in bad weather, park places you dont wanna park in a Z, haul groceries and friends (who will probably dirty up and damage your back seat anyways) around.. etc.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i had 2 integras before my Z...I was everyones taxi....I hated it ....never paid me gas money or said thank you....so I took my back seat out of my white integra....my friends questioned me for doing this....I said I am tired of being a F'n taxi to everyone......I love my 2 seater Z......I also can't stand when I have to move my seats for someone to get in....never can get my seat position right again.....

nothing against the G's I love them too....but I love my Z

1 - 20 of 61 Posts