Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy at a shop and he recommend that I get Toyo / TPT. He said it was the best bang for the buck. BTW. I am still running stock rims. Any one have this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Z is the only car I have so I do drive in the winter, but it does not snow that much here (knock on wood) and I had the OEM tires this past winter, so I am use to driving around on hockey pucks till they warm up. The Toyo tires I am looking at are the Toyo Proxes TPT Tires, is that different then the ones you have jinxxycat?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TPT is a performance tire not a high performance tire. Is there that much of a difference? I do drive it like it like it is a sports car, but I am not street racing so do I really need to drop another $75 per tire to get a high performance all season tire? I can't imagine the TPT being worse the the OEM's.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking at some reviews for the Toyo TPT, it looks like it will not have the handling I want, more of a sedan tire. So I am looking at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. Anyone here have the Sport A/S tires?

Thanks study buddy but I could not find the two you mentioned in my size.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love those Falcons-Ayenas-bang for the buck. $100 each installed on 17" stock. Ran 130mph on wet pavement without problems.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your suggestions but I really need an all season tire. I don't think the summer high performance tires will like it when it gets down to 30 degrees, let a long trying to drive in an inch or two of snow like I did last winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts