Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title explains what I'm looking for, just wanted to know if any one had a preference. I have some old pics of my Z32TT I'd like to scan in, but haven't researched the options yet. The guy who bought my old Z from me lives just a couple of blocks away but our schedules don't match up. Any advice would be helpful. I'm a computer moron, but the one I have at home has lots of extra ports and good tech support, so I won't have to bother anyone about how to hook it up. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
USB 2.0 is ten times better than USB, but IEEE 1394/iLink/Firewire is so much better it isn't even funny. I wonder if they make printers and scanners that are compatible with it

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DiRN@Aug 19 2004, 11:13 AM
USB 2.0 is ten times better than USB, but IEEE 1394/iLink/Firewire is so much better it isn't even funny.  I wonder if they make printers and scanners that are compatible with it

If I'm reading this spec. sheet correctly there are 8 USB2 ports and zero firewire ports. I really don't have that many old pics to scan, but I'd like to have a device that performes well. Thanks for the links..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
My Firewire comment was unrelated to the scanner, I should've been clearer. USB 2.0 is plenty for a scanner. I was mostly just curious

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
It's not expensive because of the Firewire. It's expensive because it can scan slides and negatives. Scanners that do that have always been more expensive because of the extra lights and mirrors

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So if I just need to scan print media or photographs, this scanner would have more features than I'd use. I was really just putting a product out there that had the firewire feature you mentioned; it does come with some nice looking software though.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I used to work in an office with one of these scanners, and it was really easy to use and great for scanning slides, which we had to do constantly, but for home use, it would definitely be too much. Look more in the $100 range

1 - 12 of 12 Posts