Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need these so bad! Anyone willing to make donations? :p

Here's a '94 McLaren F1 street car for $1,606,000.
http://www.carclassic.com/html/DF42.htm

Here's a '95 McLaren GTR chassis 07R for $1,680,000.
http://www.carclassic.com/html/CW33.htm

Lastly, a '96 McLaren GTR chassis 16R for $1,300,000.
http://www.qv500.com/adsvendorf1gtr.htm

McLaren is also selling their last brand new F1 (chassis 65, '98) with no milage for $2 Million.

Here's the best site I could find with info on the McLaren. They have every serial numbered F1 with colors, too. http://www.qv500.com/indexmclaren.htm I also have a video of the McLaren F1 tested on the show Fifth Gear in England (driving the McLaren F1 promotional car, XP4). If anyone wants it, I need someone to host it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Yeah, just let me log into PayPal and I'll shoot that your way

<-- Al</span>

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Will you settle for just one. I can probably just spot you the 1.3 million for the last one. My paycheck wasnt too great this week.

·
Registered
232 Posts
this might sounds weird.. but i would rather have a Koenigsegg over a McLaren any day.. oo top it off.. u would still end up saving around 1 million lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by dtm-bob@Jul 18 2004, 01:55 PM
this might sounds weird.. but i would rather have a Koenigsegg over a McLaren any day.. oo top it off.. u would still end up saving around 1 million lol

I know what you mean. I wasn't a big fan of the F1 until I saw it in England a few years ago. It looks so much better in person you won't believe it. Then when I saw the 5th Gear test of it, I had to have it (the Top Gear CC test was [email protected], too). If I could ever afford a McLaren F1, there would be a CCR in the garage right next to it, no doubt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
dont get me wrong.. it doesnt cost over a mill. for nothin.. the car is amazing but the Koenigsegg is just as good and one day could be boughten. i would be like 80 but ****.. THOSE BITCHS WOULD BE COMING .. o ya.. i forgot cant go to fast might get a heart attack

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by dtm-bob@Jul 18 2004, 07:13 PM
dont get me wrong.. it doesnt cost over a mill. for nothin.. the car is amazing but the Koenigsegg is just as good and one day could be boughten.  i would be like 80 but ****.. THOSE BITCHS WOULD BE COMING .. o ya.. i forgot cant go to fast might get a heart attack 

I think you're still referring to the CC, but the CCR is just simply [email protected] The CC had 655hp opposed to the CCR's 806hp! (they turned up the boost on the S/C by about 3 psi) The 0-60 is now 3.2 (used to be 3.5) and the 1/4 mile is now in the 9 second range!
http://www.koenigsegg.com/thecars/index.asp?submenu=4

I think the McLaren costs so much because the cost of making a CF chassis was so much back in '92 and to get 627hp naturally aspirated V12 engine was very hard and expensive (especially since it is a BMW engine). The CC is a S/C V8, but that doesn't take any credit away from me. I'm going to get one, too, someday.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Last year, I was in London and accidently walked by a 'McLaren dealership' (if you could call it one). It was sitting by itself, displayed in a window, in a super trendy and expensive section of Hyde Park. Not long after that, I heard the news that they were no longer being produced.

I would give both nuts to have one now...
:goodtimes:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
What the..who..I mean..that's...er...I need some time alone for minute.

That's the first I've heard of that car, and all I can say is F***ING ****!!!

I may have found a new favorite car. I do know this, I will give up women forever if I can have that car, I won't need them. That car will fulfill all of my needs and desires.

Actually, I lied. I want the girl too, but if I had that car I wouldn't have to look or try very hard.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 19 2004, 08:03 AM
Last year, I was in London and accidently walked by a 'McLaren dealership' (if you could call it one).  It was sitting by itself, displayed in a window, in a super trendy and expensive section of Hyde Park.  Not long after that, I heard the news that they were no longer being produced.

I would give both nuts to have one now...
  :goodtimes: 

Dude, the same thing happened to me. I was in London visiting my cousin who was getting married and my family and I decided to go on the double decker bus tour. We got to Hyde park, but across the grass from the road going next to McLaren headquarters. I see this black 360 Modena in the opposite lane and as I'm looking at it, my eyes catch the F1 in the window! I started to freak out and we had to get off the bus so I could see it closer.

The headquarters are next to an Aston Martin, BMW, and Mini dealer. It took me a while to find the door to the building since all the walls are glass (including the door) and the door handle was an F1 logo, which I didn't realize was the handle! The McLaren you and I saw is chassis number 65. It's the last road McLaren car built and was built in 1998, when all production ended (not 2002). It only has delivery milage and is the same one for sale for $2M.

Here are some pictures I took (sorry, I bought a disposable camera right there and then and scanned the pictures when they developed back in the US).

Also, they recently removed the F1 from view and put up one of their race cars. I don't know why, it's been there is about 1999.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Dude! That was the place! I was there last October! Was making my way from the US Embassy to Harrods!

So you and I gazed on automotive history!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 19 2004, 12:42 PM

Dude!  That was the place!  I was there last October!  Was making my way from the US Embassy to Harrods!

So you and I gazed on automotive history!

I wish I could've gone to Harrods, but we were in England for only 3 days. We took the train that goes in the tunnel under the water from Paris where my other cousins are (at least I got to go as fast as the F1 on ground! :p). England is definitely my favorite country in Europe. There are nice cars everywhere and it's almost like the US because they all speak perfect English (in a funny way, haha).

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by NismoKid@Jul 19 2004, 02:44 PM
and it's almost like the US because they all speak perfect English (in a funny way, haha).

I don't think a single person there speaks a single word of it. Haha

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Thanks for helping me laugh and wet myself! Gawly, Sarg! That there car is suure fast!

I love the part when he's on the track and just burns the tires while accelerating. Woohoo!!!

Now I really want to win the lotto. I wonder if any of those are currently for sale...time will tell.

I was in England for 4 months, so I got to see a lot of cool cars on the road. Some American left-hand drive cars, too. A Vette, Camaro Z28, Jeep Wrangler, an old GTO, and lots of Porsches and Lotus'. I even saw some Z32's, but only 1 Z33 (I think it was a DB).

Yeah, if I could I would go back for 2 years...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 19 2004, 01:26 PM

Thanks for helping me laugh and wet myself!  Gawly, Sarg!  That there car is suure fast!

I love the part when he's on the track and just burns the tires while accelerating.  Woohoo!!!

Now I really want to win the lotto.  I wonder if any of those are currently for sale...time will tell.

I was in England for 4 months, so I got to see a lot of cool cars on the road.  Some American left-hand drive cars, too.  A Vette, Camaro Z28, Jeep Wrangler, an old GTO, and lots of Porsches and Lotus'.  I even saw some Z32's, but only 1 Z33 (I think it was a DB).

Yeah, if I could I would go back for 2 years...

That video and seeing the car in person is what made me want the car so bad. Before that, it wasn't so crazy about it. It looks so much better in person I can't even describe it.

In England, I saw the Vanquish at the dealership, a lot of Mercedes S600s, a few AM Vantages, some DB7s, and that one 360 I mentioned. No Skylines unfortunately :(

I know that carclassic.com (the one with 2 F1s for sale) updates there site probably every 2 weeks and qv500.com about the same. Those 3 cars have been for sale for over a year now and McLaren just started to sell the F1 that I took pictures of at the beginning of April this year.

I guess it must be hard to find a buyer of the F1. Most people who buy cars that expensive usually do so to show off (too bad there aren't as many rich car enthusiasts as there should be). Plus, the F1 is 10 years old and not the "new" thing for all the trend setters to have (good, the more for us!). I do know that Jay Leno and Wyclef Jean both own one and there's a drag car driver that owned two F1s (both silver) back in '97. He was selling one in DuPont Registry. I still have that magazine :D

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I met an officer from the SCCA in South Jersey or Philly who drives an F1. I think he uses it for AutoX. That's gotta be insane.

And one time a buddy of mine and I saw a V12 Vanquish parked on the street in NYC. The dude just pulled up, parked the car, got out, and walked away. We figured he wanted us to take it for a spin (why else would someone park that on the street?), but we decided all the power would be wasted in NYC (as visions of Scent of a Woman ran through my head).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts