Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it seems like everything happening is leading me to the only option of trading the car in for an 06.
I have another person who basically co-signed with me, my ex, things are not going too well between us now, and she basically wants her name off the car. I tried to transfer the lease to my name only,but i hot turned down by Wells Fargo, the current leasing bank. they are very tough to deal with. If i try to refinance my car with another bank by them paying off the current lease, with the car currently at a value around 30K or so, i would end up paying $600/month....thats a lot of money! i currently pay $389 taxes included. So i came to the conclusion that trading in the car for another is the best thing to do. I feel sad though for letting her go :( , we have been thru a lot together!
I have several mods that i will have to part out, i dont know if i will be selling them or just add them on the new Z. I will definately keep the SSV Manifold. I will not give up on this one!
Or should i just play it dumb, and give the car back as is, but with the stock plenum?
i dont know how much parting it out will cost me.

now what color should i get?
I will be getting a 6MT this time (no one in the house knows how to drive a 6MT :) )

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
you're paying 389 for a lease. if you got a different lease....you'd end up paying 600 for the lease???? that's ridiculous. or, would you try to get another bank to give you a loan...and you'd buy it (instead of leasing)?? why would it be that high??? would the car really be listed at 30K?

and...wells fargo isn't that bad to deal with. they might be tough to deal with if you have bad credit or if you don't meet their standards to receive a loan...but, all banks will act that way.

why don't you see how much it would be to buy a new one? or, would you lease a new one? if you're looking to buy...do you have money to put down? if so...how much? then, see how much it would be to buy one. same deal with leasing one.

i'd find out how much everything would be before you go and do it.

also...why not just try to work things out with the ex (not in terms of getting back together...but, try and get her to keep her name on the lease).

well...more imporantly...NEVER put an ex's name on your lease. it came back to bite you in the ass! :(

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i totally agree with you, its already bitting me in the ass.
well the 600 is financing the ar, basically buying it.
thats with zero down on the new loan, if i was to put some money down i will probably end up paying in the mid 500. thats so far as buying.
with leasing, i expect the payment to go up between 50-70 dollars extra a month.
as far as credit, i dont have bad credit at all. i actually have a score of 698 as of last week. I really dont know why wells fargo turned me down!

ofcourse i will do more research and see what the new car is worth, i will negotiate to get it all the way i want. now is the best time to do it, becuase the hurricane kicked in, and those people need a sale desperately.

buyig a new one will basically be in the high 400's to the mid 500's, depending how much i put down. the downpayment is available, no problem, but i am not willing to go crazy with it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your divorce was fairly recent, that is reason enough for some banks to refuse to loan you money or to raise your interest rate when they offer you a loan. Trust me, I have been there.

If you own a home here is an alternative you may want to consider. Get a home equity loan and buy the car outright. Your interest rate will be much lower in most cases and the interest may be deductilbe if you also use some money to do some home improvements. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only time i will use the home equity is when i am going to invest, not when i have to pay it on a car. i always believed that that type of loan is strictyl for an investment purpose....
im gonna call the dealership today and i will see what they have to say.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i might be looking for different brands, but i am sure i will keep the SSV, wheels, headers, high flow cats will be replaced with a TP.

I will probably get it in black.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
if you have already been denied tranferrring your current car to your name, how do you expect to purchase a new one?

I know.. i went through similar things before. I had HORRIBLE credit, and it wasnt my fault.. i had several things charged against me that i new nothing about.. the items went to collection and were never even brought to my attention. The credit system is pretty screwed.. You get a black mark on your name for things that could have been taken care of.. I had 5 items go to collectors all of which were under 200$ Now if the companies had actually told me that I owed them money, i would have flawless credit, but NO, the ****** me instead..

sorry had to vent :)

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just spoke with dealer, they said that they dont have a problem taking the car as is. he even said that they might consider buying the mods as well....which kinda sounded really odd. i have to go for an appraisal later on tonight and see what they have to tell me.
the payment will proabably get higher.....as from what the sales rep said.
since the car doesnt go back to the leasing company, they dont mind having the mods on it.

how much will parting the car out cost me?

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
One thing about the '06.. is that you are going to hate the Dual Xenon and LED tails'.... so what I'll do is trade you mine.

Just being friendly, you know..
:lmfao:
Uhhhh.... yeah me too. Maybe Chris and I could flip a coin for them...heads I get...well, you can figure it out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts