Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream is gone from me.

Some of the newbs around here won't know who I am, but I've been a long time member of the 350Z community. Sadly it seems that my 350Z membership card has been revoked.

While making a legal left-hand turn through a busy intersection, I was broadsided by a redlight-running, text-messaging, G37. While I and the other driver emerged from the wreckage unharmed, the same could not be said for our respective rides. Both were totaled.

I just finished removing my personal belongings, and have signed the title over to the insurance company. I'm still a bit bummed, but I'm trying to look forward to my next car adventure. Whatever car that may be.

In parting, stay safe, and when you're driving... stay the **** off your god **** phone.

Best Regards,
Ronin Z

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Oh, no B! Not you! **** shame about your Z. It was gorgeous.

*waits for part out thread*

I'm glad to read that you were unscathed. Best of luck with the future toy.

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, no B! Not you! **** shame about your Z. It was gorgeous.

*waits for part out thread*

I'm glad to read that you were unscathed. Best of luck with the future toy.
Unfortunately, there's no "part out thread" coming. The only thing I have left from my Z is the stock Track wheels I took off years ago, the stock suspension, and a polished upper plenum. Das it.

From a cosmetic perspective, the only body panels that were damaged were the driver-side front fender, the hood, two bent rims, and a small kink in the driver's side rear quarter panel. But underneath, it's a whole different story... the wreck tore the steering rack from it's mounts, bent the roll bar, sheared the bolts from the strut clean off, broke off the STB mount, snapped the upper and lower control arms, cracked the radiator core... you get the point.

In the mean time, I've decided I'm going to get a cheap yet fun commuter to handle the back and forth duties. Then I'm going to finally seriously concentrate on finishing my Datsun 510. When I get done with that, maybe Nissan will be out with a new Z. Who knows?

Take care,
-RZ

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow, that damage sounds brutal. You may need massage therapy from a friendly Asian woman for a while.

Have you been doing anything with the 510 since we spoke of it years ago? I got rid of my 260 last summer to make room in my garage.

What is a cheap but fun commuter? Serious question.

·
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you been doing anything with the 510 since we spoke of it years ago?
Yeah, I been plugging away at it in an off-and-on basis. I'm "over the hump" with this project, and I'm pretty much in the reassembly phase. I'm in the process of adding a second garage/shop to the house, so once that gets finished... the 510 should come together in short order.

What is a cheap but fun commuter? Serious question.
I'm talking about a car that gets decent gas mileage, but doesn't completely suck to drive. You know, something in the "hot hatch" category.

-RZ

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I hope the 510 is finished soon. I'd love to see photos of it during your reassembly phase.

Mazda M3? Is that a hot hatch? Or the Subie?

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Sux to lose a member of the old guard - or his car anyway. Keep us posted on the progress of the 510.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts