Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
[attachment=23076:picture_2.png]
Right like I said we have averaged a 2% growth. Now show that some chart for china, India, indonesia or any other industrialized burgeoning power. This just goes back to proving my point, the economy is not strong.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Right like I said we have averaged a 2% growth. Now show that some chart for china, India, indonesia or any other industrialized burgeoning power. This just goes back to proving my point, the economy is not strong.
China is a totally different animal.. there is no way you can compare a consumer economy to an export GIANT like china... or any Asian country that is mainly export beacuse the growth is huge.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
Right so export surplus=huge growth. Okay I follow you, so it is okay to have huge trade deficits? Huh something doesn't jive here.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
America will never again be a giant exporter compared to Asia. We rely on technology development and innovation in existing sectors now.

We'd better get used to large trade deficits... unless we want our workforce making toys and radios.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
What happened to my great industrial country(USA)?We/they moved companies over seas for cheaper labor.But what does John Doe American do for work?

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
What happened to my great industrial country(USA)?We/they moved companies over seas for cheaper labor.But what does John Doe American do for work?
Being an industrial country in the information age isnt the best move IMO. We need to focus on technology and innovation... and entrepreneurs.

Small business makes up a huge part of our economy (which is good)... we dont need to raise asembly line workers.. that is the wrong move.

We will never go back to that.. same reason Japan has steadily been moving away from assembly too.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Breakdown Of Hillary’s Spending Proposals, Which Total Over $724 Billion:

Hillary’s Health Care Plan Would Cost $110 Billion Per Year, Multiplied By 4 Years (One White House Term) = $440 Billion. “Clinton's price tag is $110 billion a year, but analysts say her [health care] plan will cost a lot more than that.” (Donald Lambro, Op-Ed, “Health Care Nightmare,” The Washington Times, 9/24/07)

Hillary Pledged To Create A “$50-Billion Strategic Energy Fund.”
“As president, Clinton said she would … Create a $50-billion strategic energy fund to research ways to boost energy efficiency and reduce reliance on fossil fuels.” (Beth Fouhy, “Clinton Would Fund Stem Cell Research,” The Associated Press, 10/4/07)

Hillary Has Proposed 401(k) For All Americans, Funded In Part By The Government At A Cost Of Up To $25 Billion Per Year, Multiplied By 4 Years = $100 Billion. “Hillary Clinton unveiled her second-biggest proposal of the campaign so far – after health care -- a plan to make 401(k) retirement savings plans available to all Americans. … Clinton’s ‘American Retirement Accounts’ would cost about $20 to 25 billion each year, Clinton’s advisors said yesterday.” (Marcella Bombardieri, “Clinton Targeting Middle Class,” The Boston Globe, 10/9/07)

Hillary’s Baby Bond Proposal Would Give $5,000 To Each Of The 4 Million Babies Born In The U.S. Each Year, Totaling $20 Billion Per Year, Multiplied By 4 Years = $80 Billion.
“Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said … that every child born in the United States should get a $5,000 ‘baby bond’ from the government … Approximately 4 million babies are born each year in the United States.” (Devlin Barrett, “Clinton: $5,000 For Every U.S. Baby,” The Associated Press, 9/28/07)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts