Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makes you shudder, huh?

Clinton recently floated the idea of issuing a $5,000 bond to each baby born in the United States to help pay for college and a first home, but it immediately inspired Republican ridicule and she quickly said she would not implement the proposal.

She defended that decision yesterday, saying she is focusing on proposals with more political support and she is not formally proposing anything she can't fund without increasing the deficit: "I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all."
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...e_power?mode=PF

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
I don't car how good the idea(s) are. If you can't afford it you can't do it. Republicans have a hard time with this because they think things like tax cuts will improve the economy. the Dems sometimes think that no matter how bad our deficit or situation is having a bleeding heart and spending money on social programs is always worth it. If you are not fiscally responsible neither of the above are right IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
That's the stupidest thing I've heard so far.$5,000 bond to each baby born-that's like marrying a bitch that's pregnant,and the kid is not yours.

The Mexican illegal immigrants would abuse that bond.

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
I don't car how good the idea(s) are. If you can't afford it you can't do it. Republicans have a hard time with this because they think things like tax cuts will improve the economy. the Dems sometimes think that no matter how bad our deficit or situation is having a bleeding heart and spending money on social programs is always worth it. If you are not fiscally responsible neither of the above are right IMO.
In case you havent noticed we have a very strong economy.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
This could be a whole nother thread, but in case you have not noticed that is completely subjective. What is not subjective is our record deficits, or pathetic2% per year gdp growth in contrast to the average developed counties 3.5, and the fact that 3 out of 4 people polled in a Gallup pole think we are heading to a recession. consumer confidence is very important. Also the dollar is a record low makes compared to the euro Canada and many other currencies. Oh yeah and i seem to remember being a problem with the housing market to.

tell me about this strong economy again. And please use something other than the stock market as a barometer.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I guess unfortunately for you guys.....she voted to authorize that "one terrible idea".......
But we didn't vote for her.

In case you havent noticed we have a very strong economy.
The Feds just lowered the Interest Rate .05% to keep us from sliding into a recession. It was double the amount that was anticipated.

I konw that.. Im not all that happy of this upcoming election cycle. The leading candidates (on both sides) are as bad as last time around.
:werd:

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
This could be a whole nother thread, but in case you have not noticed that is completely subjective. What is not subjective is our record deficits, or pathetic2% per year gdp growth in contrast to the average developed counties 3.5, and the fact that 3 out of 4 people polled in a Gallup pole think we are heading to a recession. consumer confidence is very important. Also the dollar is a record low makes compared to the euro Canada and many other currencies. Oh yeah and i seem to remember being a problem with the housing market to.

tell me about this strong economy again. And please use something other than the stock market as a barometer.
[attachment=23075:picture_1.jpg]

well lets see... unemployment is low.. WAY lower than Europe...

Money markets fluctuate very rapidly.

No significant signs of inflation.

We just had a RECORD export month.

The housing market was not a market factor.. it was a stupid borrower factor. The intrest rates barely moved and you had stupid people complaining that their payments went up. DUH!

Consumer confidence is BOGUS... poll after poll shows one thing while sales receipts show another... lets face it. most people are clueless on the economy and give stupid opinions then go out and buy an xbox.

People have been saying oil prices were going to kill us for years.. they haven't.

The economy is strong... if it can survive this geopolitical climate then its way stronger than you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have a million ideas. The country can't afford them all
Read as: I want to spend every tax dollar 10x over.

So, if tax money was an endless resource, Hillary could spoon feed every helpless soul in the country.... who couldn't?!

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
The Feds just lowered the Interest Rate .05% to keep us from sliding into a recession. It was double the amount that was anticipated.
A recession has to go two consecutive quaters before it is a recession.. we wouldnt even know until AFTER we had 2 quaters of negative GDP... were not even close...

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
[attachment=23075:picture_1.jpg]

lets face it. most people are clueless on the economy and give stupid opinions then go out and buy an xbox.
This is the only relevant thing you said, and the irony is it apparently applies to the author of comment.

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
A recession has to go two consecutive quaters before it is a recession.. we wouldnt even know until AFTER we had 2 quaters of negative GDP... were not even close...
Typically you don;t know if you are in a recession until after you have been in on this is true. However it's hard to say the economy is strong when our growth is so low. Unemployment is not everything by the way. It's not just the amount of jobs it's the type. Unemployment is also kept artificially low due to the war for various reasons. One of the main includes national guards men leaving their full time employment and those jobs needing filled. Making yourself feel good with unemployment numbers and the raise in the market doesn't work when you look at the big picture. Like I have said before, must be nice to be blissful. LOL!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

I didn't say we were in a recession. I stated that we were headed towards a recession. A recession which will be caused by this administration.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts