Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well theres not much to say deer + car = messed up car. I don't have pics yet but the passenger side light is now wrecked the quarter panel and hood are dented, and I can't tell whats going to happen with the bumper yet.

Just happened tonight, haven't talked with the Ins Co yet. I have a police report and a deer missing a front leg. Anyone have expierences with insurance for this sort of thing, I haven't had anything like this happen before.

I'll get the pics up sometime soon.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It's not as bad as it could have been, still pretty bad though. And, this is why I hunt. :)

Looks like you just need a new hood, right headlight, front bumper, and right fender. Not too bad.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ouch.....fortunately, you weren't hurt.

·
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 12 2005, 08:10 AM
i almosted ended up like that, but with my ninja like reflexes i moved just in time to kill the deer with my mirror..
[snapback]113026[/snapback]​

Josh, seriously?? lol

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Jun 12 2005, 08:52 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TOYKILLA
@Jun 12 2005, 08:10 AM
i almosted ended up like that, but with my ninja like reflexes i moved just in time to kill the deer with my mirror..

Josh, seriously?? lol
[snapback]113041[/snapback]​

Yes, 100% serious.. My mirror ripped clean off and i drove by later and the dear was laying stone cold on the side of the road.. mirror no where in sight..

90+mph + deer head + mirror = dead deer.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Sorry to see your Z like that but you are definitely lucky that you were not hurt or your Z was not totaled.

Insurance is usually good as long as your Police report shows you werent' speeding....

I hit a deer head on with a 98 Monte Carlo - entire front end need to be replaced as it laid down on the hood then slid back down the pavement..had to replace the windshield and rework the roof as it had a hoof print! **** thing got up after it slid off the hood and ran over the car, hopping into the woods. went back the next day and found it about 400 yards into the woods dead.

anyway other than my deducatable, it was fixed.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
looks like a new body kit......for the front end

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm, I didn't know there was a i've been hit forum....

I agree it could have been worse.

I'm gonna check to see what it will take to get a new front end kit, and maybe a carbon fiber hood. I have a friend who hit a deer 3 months ago or so, pretty much the same damage. He got a bunch of cool stuff like that, only cost him a little bit more than the ins payed.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i hate deer , i know how u feel man !!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by zlegend@Jun 12 2005, 02:50 PM
Hmm, I didn't know there was a i've been hit forum....

It's new...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 12 2005, 10:10 AM

:lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :ninja:

Sorry to hear Zledgend :cry: I hope you get her fixed up quickly.....and I agree that you could have been much worse off....Deer are everywhere around here....and there are at least 2 or 3 dead everyday on the 10 mile stretch of turnpike that I travel each day to work...:headshake:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a true story about my friend who had been drinking and hit a deer. You probably wont believe it but its true. He hit the deer with his suv and got out of the car chased it and when the cops showed up he was passed out next to the deer with deer blood all over him. Noone knows whether he killed the deer or it was already dead but I just cant imagine what the cop thought when he saw the scene. I dunno what i would have thought well anyways they gave him some weird ticket because he didnt report the accident and they couldn't prove he was drunk he said he had a concussion or something of that short just another funn deer story.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
My personal favorite deer experience (which I'm sure I've already told) was the deer that ran along the passenger side of my G20 for I'd guess a quarter mile before it decided to make a left turn, right into the front passengerside door :doh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts