Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the manual twice trying to figure it out but came up with nothing.. What does the audiop thing do in the settings of the radio. I turn it on and off and nothing changes. And is it safe to run the bass + 4 or +5 in the settings with out fear of busting the woofer in the bose system.
Sorry if these questions sound stupid i don't know allot about car audio.
Thanks..

·
Registered
72 Posts
[/quote]

Maybe a bit late but I noticed that you had not received any reply. I'm not entirely sure but thought the Audio-Op thing was to turn the sound compensation on/off. If it is turned on then the sound level will adjust up when the road noise increases. Like I said, I don't know this for sure but it is what I thought it was for.

By all means let me know if I'm wrong.

Cheers

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I agree.. I believe the audioOp adjusts sound level to compensate for engine noise.

The early z's used a small microphone to pick up engine sounds/loudness. I dont know if it is still done that way.. it didnt work very well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i live in Gadsden, cool you live so close to me :wavey: . I have been to bham 100's of times. I work in Lincon, al with a bunch of people from bham..

The audioOp thing seems to do nothing, I was just curious thanks for the replys.

I was just afraid to run the sub at +4 and +5, I was afraid of busting it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts