Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my friend sold his G35 a few months ago and still had his Gruppe-S Y-pipe in the garage, so he sold it to me for $30. :irock: The only problem is it has a leak in the flex that I have to fix. I bought some parts at the auto parts store to fix exhaust leaks, so I'm going to do a write-up of the fix and the install. :thumbsup: I'm going to try to do the install tonight, so the pics should be up in the next few days or so.

For now I was wondering what gains people are getting out of Y-pipes. I already have a Popcharger, Helix test pipes, and soon to be a Crawford plenum. I was just wondering what numbers I should be looking at. After all of this I'm looking into getting the UTEC. Anyone have an estimate of what the A/F ratio would be? Too lean?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I am not sure as I think it depends on the shape and and size and I really have not seen posted results. Ours is basically V shape without bends and we found 5-6 HP along with 5-6 from the midpipe and really nothing from mufflers the stock one seems pretty good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts