Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 15+ years of marriage, I filed for divorce last week. We have been separated since last August. I have known this woman for 30 years, since we dated in our teens. We have 3 wonderful children who will live with her. I will visit them and have them for sleep-overs at my place as often as I can.

Please don't reply with "sorry to hear that," "how sad" or "what a bummer." While in some ways it is a sad ending, it was a long time coming, and is the right thing to do. Now my soon-to-be-ex-wife and I can get on with our lives, and hopefully find happiness with someone else (no one is in the picture yet). It will be better for the kids to have two parents who love them in separate homes, than to endure all the arguments and unhappiness that occurred when we lived under the same roof.

Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm working on the replacement for car #2. Since my Audi S4 got smashed by an uninsured, unlicensed moron who ran a red light, I have decided to get a cheaper Japanese pocket-rocket for my 4-door car. I will be keeping my race-prepped 350Z. The choices are:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO RS

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
My vote is the EVO RS. I've been a fan of the EVOs, and the RS sounds like a car that you can have a sh!tload of fun in

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me too. the RS only comes in red or white, and has no rear wing. i go with white, and i gotta add the carbon fiber wing as an accessory. wooohhooooo!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Yeah, one of the things I like is that they basically leave all the work up to you. Just don't get the Urban Jungle package

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear all of the RS will come with A/C in SoCal, which I gotta have, summers are just too hot here to do w/o A/C. I know you save about 75 lbs. by deleting the A/C, but I just can't do without it here. So what is the urban jungle package?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
typical guy website, i said don't be sad about my DIVORCE, and within 5 minutes we were debating the merits of the carbon fiber rear wing on the EVO. LMFAO

can you imagine what the response would have been if one of the women members at zchickz had posted this thread there??? elephant tears!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Jun 6 2004, 06:51 PM
typical guy website, i said don't be sad about my DIVORCE, and within 5 minutes we were debating the merits of the carbon fiber rear wing on the EVO. LMFAO

can you imagine what the response would have been if one of the women members at zchickz had posted this thread there???  elephant tears!!!

That is awesome. Like 4 posts and its off the serious subject and picking out new cars. Its great being a guy sometimes. A
for Richard!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Jun 6 2004, 08:42 PM
I hear all of the RS will come with A/C in SoCal, which I gotta have, summers are just too hot here to do w/o A/C. I know you save about 75 lbs. by deleting the A/C, but I just can't do without it here.  So what is the urban jungle package?

The stock RS comes with no A/C, as well as no power windows, locks, mirrors, etc. The Urban Jungle package puts that stuff back in. If the car is a daily driver, than the Urban Jungle package makes sense, but I figured it wasn't going to be, that's why I said not to get it. Either way, the RS is a nasty car!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Am I to understand that no one would pick the STi?!?! I understand that the Evo handles betters, but the shear power (and more power possibilities) are "wood" inspiring!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Richard, sorry to hear about your divorce... (sorry, just had to say it...
)

If you want something as a more fun daily driver, I'd stay away from the RS, just because it doesn't have any A/C. I've never driven the Evo, but I have driven the STi (even got to rally one through the mud last June). Has gobs of power, but it's no faster than the Z from a roll. Only thing I despised about it was the large lock-to-lock steering ratio... reminded me of my Accord.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
So back to the real point of this thread...

I've always liked EVOs more than the STi. Why? I don't really know. I just do. As a daily driver, the RS is definitely doable with the Urban Jungle package. But if you're going more for daily driver, you should probably get the VIII or the RS

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A/C is an option on the RS. In SoCal, all the Mitsu dealers are ordering all their RS's with A/C. No one wants a car without A/C here, no matter how much weight could be saved by deleting it.

jinxxycat -

If you read my first post on this thread carefully, I think you will find it was not announced "happily."

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Jun 7 2004, 11:59 AM
A/C is an option on the RS.  In SoCal, all the Mitsu dealers are ordering all their RS's with A/C.  No one wants a car without A/C here, no matter how much weight could be saved by deleting it.

To me that's a shame, but it's understandable. I guess you can always get it taken out. But then you also get the power locks, windows, and whatever else gets added in the Urban Jungle package. Oh well.

I just had a thought, what about getting it a little farther from home?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Jun 6 2004, 06:51 PM
can you imagine what the response would have been if one of the women members at zchickz had posted this thread there???  elephant tears!!!

I for one, can assure you that this ZChick has no pity for you. I am glad, however, that you and your wife realized the kids would be better off with you two apart rather than together and constantly fighting.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts