Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys please help

I have my car going to the bodyshop on Monday to shave off the Hamburger, so thought id experiment fitting the colgan since i dont have to worry about scratching the bumper. But i just cant do it. It seems like it wont fit, and its the wrong size. The install instructions are a joke and too universal. Where does the hook fit onto the inner guard linings?

I tend to get more chips on the lower bonnet than the bumper anyway. I can fit the lower bonnet bra piece, but cant shut the bonnet. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong here. Is it just a matter of slamming the bonnet down, is there a trick so it doesnt snag? I need help desperately, each time i take a freeway trip, i score a new silver spot on my bonnet :helpsmilie:

Oh if u guys have pics of the bra installed, would love that too

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Use a hair dryer to lossen it up

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No clear bra for me

ive had the 3M stuff on my old Range Rover and it looked crap, and ive seen it on Z's and the cut edges are nowhere near the bumper edge and makes the paint look like its full of orange peel

for the odd occasions i use the freeway, the bonnet bra piece will do

but how do i close the bonnet :banghead:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Here's a Colgan Bra shot. (fits like a glove) :clap:

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
what place are you talking about it fitting
Where does the hook fit onto the inner guard linings?
The wheel wells down by the bottom? It should just hook around and fit into the wheel well about an inch from the bottom.

And it does need to warm up. Leave it in the hot sun for an hour or so, and it should be pliable enough to stretch to fit.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts