Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lastnight at about 9 PM hurricane Charley went through Orlando, but it was only a category 2 (100mph). A lot of trees went down. Mostly at my house and my friend's house, lol. Here are some pictures from this morning. These pictures are just of my neighborhood. The houses outside of my area had huge trees blocking roads so we couldn't even leave.

My house is on the left. The huge bush in the background is a tree on the ground.

Here's my friends house across the street.

Neighbor's screened pool destroyed

Bent trees

The same neighbors with the messed up screen. This is a small road block compared to the others I'm talking about.

This is 1/2 a road blocked. It did block the entire road as did another tree 50 ft from it, but it was cleaned out early this morning. It's a major neighborhood road..

Uprooted

This tree was blocking the road, but it was cut at night.

Don't park your car!

My backyard (there are actually 2 trees, one fell towards the other house):

Our screen got torn, too.

Our neighbors across the street.

Last, but not least, my favorite picture. My house is behind the camera to the right. My friend's house has the huge tree down in front. There are two other trees down in the background. I call this one "Sideways." haha

Right now my friend's trees in the front and backyard have been cleaned up, but the two big trees are still down in my backyard. The trees blocking the roads have since been cleaned out, but that one tree in the pool remains.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** Al sorry to see all that. Just glad you and everyone else is ok and that there wasnt any major damage to your house. Hope everything gets cleaned up quick.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I don't know of anyone that was hurt, but I think 6 people have died because of the hurricane so far. The first two died in separate car crashes while driving during the hurricane when it was a category 4 (145 mph).

The tree people have cleaned up some of our tree, but the rest will be finished up probably Monday.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 14 2004, 11:48 AM
**** man, sure glad that you didn't sustain any significant damage and that yall came thru it ok.  It will take a while to clean up but I guess you have power since you are posting pics.  Stay safe.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that about 400,000 people were without power lastnight and now that has lowered to 200,000 today. Publix lost power overnight and taped off all the frozen food section for people not to buy that food after they got power again this morning. I guess my neighborhood was one of the lucky ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts