Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the car scene, been shopping around for a couple years. I found someone selling an 06 350z BUT he has installed an HR motor and MT into it from a wrecked car. He wanted to drift it out and whatnot, says he just doesn't have the time for it anymore. The engine is installed the ECU has NATS deleted, it's just missing the final link of sending the harness out to get converted so it will work on the 06. Not sure what I might be getting into with this. He says as of right now it starts but won't stay on. Not sure if that strictly because of the harness situation or if there is another underlying issue. The donor engine has less than 60k miles . Basically I'm asking for some advice here, the only reason I asked if it started or would run temporarily is to load it on a trailer. Any input or advice is appreciated.

-Nic

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Welcome- and stay away from the sale of this '06 Z. There is no "final link of sending the harness out to get converted" The seller put in an engine (VQ35HR) into a Z33 platform that had another spec (VQ35DE) engine in it. This is NOT a project for a noobie to take on and you should RUN, not walk away from this sale..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome- and stay away from the sale of this '06 Z. There is no "final link of sending the harness out to get converted" The seller put in an engine (VQ35HR) into a Z33 platform that had another spec (VQ35DE) engine in it. This is NOT a project for a noobie to take on and you should RUN, not walk away from this sale..
Thank you dk, I'm sure there is a huge list of concerns and things that could go wrong I was just really tempted at the price! 3500.00 had me foaming at the mouth lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
Think of it this way: $3,500 for a car that won't run consistently and has to be towed away is NO bargain. There's a long list of parts and work to be done, and that car may not ever run without multiple CELs appearing on the dash.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
So, it's been a few weeks, Nicolai. Thankfully, you dropped that 350Z project car before it buried you. What are you looking at now? What's your budget?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts