Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this has been posted before, but I can't find it!!! What are your suggestions on removing the sticky film left over from removing tint? I have it all over my windows, and they don't like to go down.....boo!

Second....how do you replace your rear view mirror? Mine rattles like a friggin rattlesnake and it drives me up the wall!!!!!! :headshake:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Take it to the dealership for the mirror problem. Mine rattles too, even without my subs on! But the dealership will fix you right up with a brand new mirror.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Did you use a razor blade on the windows? That's what tint places use to uninstall... plus a heat gun sometimes I think. Try a razor blade and a hairdryer... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Get one of those razor knives that have the blade flat with the handle. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. I used it a few times for getting stickers off of windows.

·
Registered
209 Posts
put a little bit of dawn and some water in a spray bottle. get something to protect your panels. you can heat up your tint and then take it off. any remaining goo, you can use the razor blade.
I have also seen adhesive remover by 3M at pepboys. Just make sure that whatever you use that it doesn't get on the panels.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That 3M adhesive remover is awesome! It's about the same thing as carb/choke cleaner, so you might want to be careful with overspray. Try a little section with plenty of towels to protect your panels.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool....i will try those suggestions.....only thing....i bought the Z used. Will the dealership fix for free even though I didn't buy from them?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Unless you have a great dealership, they won't fix it. They most likely didn't put the tint on, and even if they did, you took it off. A dealership isn't going to fix something you did for free

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, no, no. I wasn't asking about the tint for the dealership to fix...I was asking about the rearview mirror :) Don't know if they will fix that since I didn't buy from them.....

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had three Z's already and every one had the rattle issue on the first two Z's I had the mirror replaced and oon the 3rd one I started getting that rattle but guess what on that one i hit it with my hand and never came back. LOL ha h aha. :banghead: However I say still take it to the dealer though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts