Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following is a tutorial on how to install the EVO-R concept LED sidemarkers and light up Z symbols.
On a skill level of 1-10 this one is about a 5

You will need the following tools

Short phillips head screwdriver
flat head screwdriver
wire strippers
wire crimps
wire connectors (assorted)
electrical tape
coat hanger or wire snake
test light

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step one

Withe the front bumper already removed start to remove the four 10mm bolts that hold in each headlight.It is not completely required to remove the headlights I just found it better to work like that..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step Two

Locate the parking light bulb and confirm the two wires are Green with white stripe(+) and black (ground) using a 12v test light.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Step Three
You can skip these next couple of steps if you are just installing the side marker strips and not the Z emblem rings...

Open up the fender well to gain acces to the inner fender by removing the two screws and one clip on the wheel well shroud..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Step Four

Push the rear of the Z emblem with one hand and pull it off with the other..DO NOT use any prying tools to do this part...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Step Five
using a coat hanger or a wire snake feed 2 wires through the fender from the front where you tapped off the parking lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now connect the wires on the halo to the wires in the fender and utilizing the stickey tape that EV-R includes mount the halo to the fender.Be sure to clean any surface the tape is being applied to with rubbing alcohol...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Step Seven

I used male and female connectors to make the connection from the wires I tapped off from to the front LED side markers.This is so you can disconnect them if you remove the bumper in the future...

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.