Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

How to install an air fuel ratio gauge!

10K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bavaro 
#1 ·
hey i just need some help on the location of the pcm in my 2003 350z. im trying to install this a/f ratio gauge and it says i need to tap in to the signal wire coming from the o2 sensor going to the pcm. can anyone show me or explain to me where that is located? thanks i appreciate it.

#2 ·
I think you mean ECM, not PCM. The ECM is located behind the kick panel in the passenger footwell. You can download he Service Manual for your car from the Wiki on this site (link) to find the procedures for accessing the ECM.

That being said, it's not good practice to tie into engine control signals. Using the engine A/F signal for display on an aftermarket gauge will change the signal going to the ECM, changing engine operation. Most A/F gauge kits come with separate wideband O2 sensors.

#3 ·
alright, yeah that makes sense, the directions the gauge came with said you need to find your pcm, powertrain controll module and tap into the signal wire coming from the o2 sensor infront of your cats that are going to the pcm. im probably gonna return it and put my own o2 sensor in and get a wideband gauge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.