Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Josh, we'll have to see if we can get that popup thing I showed you working. If we can, I've got some thumbnail sh!t you might be interested in

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Then Kenwood installation looks awesome! Thanks for the How-to!

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the radio install is the same, but the wiring will be different.. there are multiple ways of doint the wiring..

Do you plan on just a head unit swap? speakers? amps?

Depending on your goal for the audio setup, there will be different approaches to handle to Bose system.

·
Registered
119 Posts
for now i'm just putting in the head unit and a 7inch in navi cubby. Also gonna link the GPS unit that intgrates to unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how to connect the stock GPS unit to an aftermarket head unit? I can't seem to find the wiring diagrams for the OEM Nav. unit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just wanted to give props where due....

This How-To was awesome! I just finished installing my Pioneer AVIC N1 in my 03 Track and this how-to was a great tool. Though with the N1 it has a few more steps because it has a hide-away unit as well, but this how-to was really made it easy with the walk-through.

Thanks to Tech!

:cheers:

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just wanted to give props where due....

This How-To was awesome! I just finished installing my Pioneer AVIC N1 in my 03 Track and this how-to was a great tool. Though with the N1 it has a few more steps because it has a hide-away unit as well, but this how-to was really made it easy with the walk-through.

Thanks to Tech!

:cheers:
glad it was helpful

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 06 roadster and the procedure changes slightly... after you pull up the little rubber mat in the nav box, there are 2 little plastic pieces on the left and right side you need to pop out, there are no screws there, the only screws are the ones that are what you would normally remove under the nav box (I've attached a pic), and it seems the 06 won't handle the same bracket for radio mounting (slight change so it won't come flush), but the wiring harness is still the same atleast)...

1st pic is how you get to the screws now, the 2nd is the plastic pieces removed, they just pop out w/ a little coaxing with a small flathead

[attachmentid=13360]

[attachmentid=13361]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts