Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to get to the plug in the back of the car for the antenna. Can someone tell me how i can remove the trim on the LR side of the car without breaking it. I assume its just yank and pull?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Steps to get to the atenna

located on driver side back trunk panel, behind carpeted peice in spare tire area.

1. pull of weather strip around trunk edge(dont pull the whole thing off just the side your working on)
2. remove back planel wear trunk light is... (careful it is pluged in)
3. remove upper plastic piece above the carpeted fender peice
4. remove top left and right side boom peices (plastic on top of the beam, not the center peice with the z emblem)
5. remove back peice of boom plastic. ( the big peice that faces the trunk)
6. pluck 3 or 4 gray plactic stud that hold carpeted fender well peice to car side
7. antenna box should be mounted on side wall there

the reason you have to remove the big plastic boom peice is that there is a gray plastic stud holding the carpeted peice in behind it.

have fun.... :cheers:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
was gonna install the XM/FM modulator, but then after i ripped everything apart and broke a few tabs, i found the modulator should be installed on the radio side, not the antenna side.

Just a warning. If you ever remove those trims, chances are that they will never pop back in the same. Mine is really loose now, so most likely it will rattle like **** and drive me over the wall

·
Registered
76 Posts
Buy the new peice from performancenissanparts.com they will have it for a good price. did you remove it in the steps that i said to.....?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes,e xcept some pieces werent removed correctly (pulled from the wrong side), killed them snaps, but it seems to be okay as there are no rattles YET

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.