Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning

Operation Procedure
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch “ON” and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Operation Procedures
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch is “ON”.
3. Turn ignition switch is “OFF” wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures
1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't know for sure but I think it sets it back to a learning mode so the ECU can relearn the motor. I was not a big believer in resetting the ECU before I did it, from what I understood the ECU was supposed to be learning all the time and that given enough time after mods, it would work itself out.

I drove my car 1500 miles after doing my exhaust upgrade and still felt a loss of torque, then I did the reset and it was night and day. It was not just a placebo effect either because the car could accelerate again in 6th at 2k where as before it would just bog.

One other thing, use a stop watch, I tried a gazillion times to do it without and even with one it took me 12 tries to get it right (maybe I am lame).

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/quote]
I just reset my ECU this morning and I did notice a difference. Stillen catback exhaust.In :OMG: jen cold air intake.I got 26k on my car 03 touring with AT

·
Registered
5 Posts
[/quote]
I just reset my ECU this morning and I did notice a difference. Stillen catback exhaust.In :OMG: jen cold air intake.I got 26k on my car 03 touring with AT
<div align="right">[snapback]93408[/snapback]
[/quote]Well my ECU went back to stock again :headshake:

·
Registered
143 Posts
is there any other way to reset the ecu, other than the 2nd post? The first post link doesn't work anymore. With my other cars, all I had to do was take the negative terminal off the battery for like 15min. Then start the car, let the car idle for like 10min w/o touching anything. Turn off, then turn on, then it was resetted. :dunno:

·
Registered
143 Posts
<div align="right">[snapback]93408[/snapback]
Well my ECU went back to stock again :headshake:[/quote]

mmmmm. huh?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I heard to disconnect the battery and pump the brakes a few times to unload the capacitors in the ECU and it will totally discharge the ECU hence clearing it.

but......

I havent tried it yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I heard to disconnect the battery and pump the brakes a few times to unload the capacitors in the ECU and it will totally discharge the ECU hence clearing it.

but......

I havent tried it yet.

Ok thanks. I think Im gonna try it this weekend, when I have time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
well....I just took the negative cable off the battery last nite, and let it sit for like 10min. Then I pushed the brakes quite a few times, and like 5x w/ the gas. Then I waited like 5 more 5min, turned the car on. let it idle for like 10min. Then I turned it off and then turned it on. Revved the engine a few times. The rpm's went up a lot faster then before.
I just took the Z for a little errand run, and did a little testing as well. I felt a little better response from the engine, the mpg/avg mpg gauge is still trying to read everything. It started off at 0 for the 1st stop. Then 2mpg the next, then 4 the next, and when I got home it was around 10mpg. I was starting to notice a little better acceleration w/ each trip. I can't wait to do a little more tomorrow to see much better it gets. I know I only have a popcharger, but I plan on doing this again, when I get my helix exhaust soon. I plan to order it maybe next week or the following week and get it installed at a shop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts